GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Diamant» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just Got This Game - Noob Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
1. What is the best way to track which artifact came from which temple card? In other words, if you get to the fifth temple and all the artifact cards are still in the deck, how do you remember which are 10-pointers and which are the 5-pointers? (I realize you could just write the info down as you play ... is that what people do?)

2. If there are 3 artifact cards revealed during a round and two players simultaneously exit, does each of the two players get an artifact card and the one artifact card remaining stay in the game for others to claim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qu'est-ce que c'est
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first three artifacts to be removed from the temple are worth 5. The next two are worth 10. I don't think it matters which area they came from.

The answer to your second in NO. To get artifacts you have to be the only player that leaves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Also remember that if there are unclaimed treasure artifact cards out and a duplicate hazard is drawn, the treasure artifact cards are removed and not reshuffled into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

The value of the card is based solely on the order in which it is removed from the temple. As fambans mentioned, the first 3 removed are worth 5, and the last 2 are worth 10.
As you claim an artifact put a gem on it to indicate its value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Frenzy (Split Enz, 1979)
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyphy wrote:
Also remember that if there are unclaimed treasure cards out and a duplicate hazard is drawn, the treasure cards are removed and not reshuffled into the deck.
Really!? I did not know this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
We didn't either and played incorrectly for quite a while until I noticed this rule one day (I was taught by someone and never read the rules until I bought my own copy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Wyphy wrote:
Also remember that if there are unclaimed treasure cards out and a duplicate hazard is drawn, the treasure cards are removed and not reshuffled into the deck.

Only artifacts, other treasure cards are reshuffled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Yeah, that's what I meant to say, artifacts not treasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

And if a round is ended by a duplicate hazard, that hazard card is removed from play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
Very helpful. I didn't know artifact cards were removed when the second hazard finished the round.

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.