United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
Who am I sir? A Utah man am I!
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't decide which forum this belonged in, but since it's a love story, here it is, as gleaned from this story on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/health/cystic-fibrosis-katie-p...

At age 18, Dalton and Katie, both suffering from cystic fibrosis, fell in love after meeting on Facebook. Her doctor urged her not to meet him in person, as he had an infection that could be deadly. She defied her doctor, drove six hours to meet him, and were married less than two years later.

Dalton passed away last Saturday, and Katie followed him today. Sadly, he was hospitalized in Missouri, and she was in hospice care in Kentucky.

The day before Dalton died, Katie told CNN that she had no regrets about their decision to meet in person (despite the risk to her life). "I'd rather have five years of being in love and just really completely happy than 20 years of not having anybody." The last time they were together was July 16 -- their fifth wedding anniversary.

According to the article, they "filled [their home] with wedding photos and board games, hosting regular games nights...". I poked around their various Facebook sites, blogs, etc., but couldn't find out what games they enjoyed.

Dalton and Katie, I never knew you, but your love story is heartwarming and inspiring. The next game I play is for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott P
msg tools
Thanks for sharing that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to post it myself if you didn't.

Pete (thinks it belongs here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.