Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, hard to know where to put this since the Atlanta game isn't in the database yet, but Gettysburg tends to be the most popular battle for gaming so I'll put it here.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/59/ProductID/311/Def...
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/59/ProductID/345/Def...

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductI...

I am pumped about this! I also think it's awesome that they're combining Roads to Gettysburg AND the Antietam one in the same package.

Super expensive, but I love this series enough that I went big for both! Atlanta will be awesome, BATC was easily my favorite campaign in the system so far.

Also, for all the people unhappy about the counters it looks like they're changed back to be dull as hell, so rejoice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: MMP reprints, Atlanta and Gettsyburg and Antietam rolled into one!
Excited that they're speeding up the reprints by combining packages, but disappointed in the shift back to dull counters. Oh well, I've already redone my units for the AH games to match BAC and later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^I agree completely, but they took endless shit for the "busy" counters from a lot of people so I get the move. It's disappointing to me but the crusty wargame crowd is what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, they were busy. Probably too much so. But they introduced a good method for denoting both corps and army affiliation, and the previews for the new counters lose that. Which may be fine for these titles, but isn't impressive from a series-wide viewpoint.

Also, Rebels in the White House is listed as being included in the RTG reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot about that, thanks for mentioning it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting... at these prices, are the maps mounted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
Almost certainly not, none of the other games in the series have mounted maps. Most games in the series rely on map overlap, not just end-to-end butting, to handle the area of interest. That's particularly true for meta-scenarios that link games.

Both boxes, though, look substantially more content-rich than the average game in the series. RTG2 is literally 2.5 separate games in one box. Atlanta is expensive, but 5 advanced scenarios and a 100-page game-specific book (special rules, scenarios, history, commentary) both suggest about twice as much content as usual. I'm pretty sure that's a larger book than SJW2, which was a "two games in one" package in its own right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Half-inch counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news all around. Looking forward to the Gettysburg Campaign--spent many hours with the original and I love what I'm seeing. MUST HAVE!

PRE-ORDERED SEPT. 2016cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
Half-inch counters?
Yes. Here's somebody's box of counters from the previous title in the series for reference:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmb
garysax wrote:
^I agree completely, but they took endless shit for the "busy" counters from a lot of people so I get the move. It's disappointing to me but the crusty wargame crowd is what it is.
\

Yeah, these are much improved in my opinion. I thought I liked the new ones until I actually played with the old ones. The info you needed on the new design was just too hard to find at a casual glace. These new ones are better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
garysax wrote:
So, hard to know where to put this since the Atlanta game isn't in the database yet, but Gettysburg tends to be the most popular battle for gaming so I'll put it here.

I'm planning on adding an Atlanta Is Ours entry here at BGG next week. So we can discuss it fully there soon.

But thanks for getting this thread going here. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would like to know how long the preorder period is open for . . . I am thrilled to have the games, but have to save up to actually buy them.

Thanks for sticking with this series Ed. It has been great having you involved!

Now for the follow-on game to Virgin Queen . . . ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Preorders usually stay up until just before the game ships. So you'll have plenty of time, Chris.

MMP just clarified that we need to hit 500 orders for Atlanta and RTGII, but orders for an individual product do get added in to the orders for the bundle.

With that in mind we are halfway to the preorder target for the two GCACW products and the order page has only been up for a bit over 24 hours. Thanks so much for the response everyone. It's great to see the series has such strong continued support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Leary
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news on Atlanta and the reprints packages, even with the much higher price point. Thanks to Ed and the team for keeping the hammers and saws going on this fantastic series (in my mind, the best operational-level treatment of the war).

Speaking of the recent changes, I can deal with the altered counters, so long as the maps don't change.

I do wish the newer boxes were similar to the original AH run, considering the full set of GCACW games (plus Lee v. Grant) now looks very discordant on my shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ed,

Has the HCR map edge been edited so that the roads match up with the AGA scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Stephen: Absolutely. Charlie has all the map files on the computer now (it's all electronic, not hand-drawn). So the SJWII area will be a perfect match to the maps published with that game and they will seamlessly transition to the HCR area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the Atlanta entry is in the database. VERY psyched. 421 orders taken so very close to making the numbers, and on CSW (ehhhhhhhh) Brian Youse confirmed that if they make numbers the game could be coming in a year or so.

Incidentally, you might consider doing a whole new entry for RtGII since it's TOTALLY different than this edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hearn
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Lives matter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the minne' ball and pre-ordered the bundle...just couldn't pass up the freshened up versions of these old standards...as well as the Atlanta campaign...and for the record...I'm one of those "crusty old wargamers" who thought the newer counters were not so good...Imo they didn't really match the old school vibe of the maps...everyone has different tastes I guess. The main thing is that this awesome series keeps rolling on 20 years after the company that started it went belly up. Hopefully we get to Shiloh/Corinth/Iuka someday...gonna be a long year waiting for this bundle of greatness to arrive...rebel yells and huzzahs for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Clark
msg tools
mbmbmb
This news has come to me late. Wow guys, the package is very exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
garysax wrote:
\

Yeah, these are much improved in my opinion. I thought I liked the new ones until I actually played with the old ones. The info you needed on the new design was just too hard to find at a casual glace. These new ones are better.

I learned on the new style of counters and enjoyed them much, much, more than the old ones -- having the assault values super-scripted made them easy to locate rather than having it's only identify being it's location on the counter.

But this debate is long-since over. I'll adjust. I'm just glad the series is still alive and kicking and apparently in great hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.