Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to extend a huge thanks to user HGBlob for his tremendously generous gift of Star Wars miniatures to my school's game club. My students got a glimpse at some of the models he sent and were nearly foaming at the mouth in excitement to try it out. Furthermore, at our first meeting, kids were already trying to call dibs on playing it for when they arrive on the scene.

He sent me so much, I am still organizing and packaging for middle school student consumption. I believe the answer is 100 point pre-constructed kits that the students can easily pick up and begin playing with. For cleanup, they simply have to put the elements from their respective kits back in the storage containers from which they came.

I apologize if a post like this is out of place on these boards. If you know of a more appropriate board, please send the link along.

Now, to find cost-efficient, 100-point squad-sized, clear boxes that will hold the models, dice, dials, cards, range ruler, and maneuver templates. HGBlob sent a few 9"X14" Plano clear boxes (his kindness knows no bounds). I think something just a bit smaller might do the trick. Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the superglue ready, my students are pretty rough on these models; but they will have a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love hearing these stories, great stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's just awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably just some kind of little lightweight plastic food container would work well. And be very cheap and stackable.

Like the ones that aren't straight up tupperware but aren't disposable either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:
Get the superglue ready, my students are pretty rough on these models; but they will have a blast.

I have indestructible tape measures with lifetime warranties for my class. I have had to replace several over the years. When I first saw the models, I was impressed by their exquisite detail and sad for the fate I knew awaited them. Working on a sign-out system for each kit to try and minimize the damage.

Superglue primed and ready, just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Finklestein wrote:

Now, to find cost-efficient, 100-point squad-sized, clear boxes that will hold the models, dice, dials, cards, range ruler, and maneuver templates. HGBlob sent a few 9"X14" Plano clear boxes (his kindness knows no bounds). I think something just a bit smaller might do the trick. Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

These? https://www.amazon.com/Plano-2-3700-Prolatch-Stowaway-four/d...

I use these for my small ships. I can fit several squads plus all the small cards, templates, tokens, dice, damage deck, etc in one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.