Subject: Help with "Where?" Flowcharts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Having a little trouble understanding the "Where?" flowchart usage for multiple operations.

When multiple operations are triggered do ALL operations go against the same country, or are they spread out among the different flowchart options.

For instance, if I flip a Playable US Event card with a 2 ops value, this will result in placing two plots.

Using the "Where?" flowchart, say I have low prestige and my GWOT penalty is 0. The first flowchart choice is "...in countries with US's Posture." If I have only have one country with US's posture with a cell or cadre, do they both go there? Or does one go there and one "..in countries with Aid", which is the next box?

If I have two contries with US's Posture with a cell or cadre, do I roll randomly and put both plots in one of them? Or do I put one Plot in each?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You execute the Plot Operation as much as possible in each space. So first, you'd roll for all Cells (not Cadres, they only count for Recruit and US Disrupt) in countries with US's Posture. Only 1 Cell/roll. After that, then you'd move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answer, but I guess I'm still not quite getting it.soblue

If I understand correctly, you would spread the plots out as much as possible among the possibilities in the first category, and then move on to the next category? So there is no case where you would have two (or more) plots in a single country (EDIT: assuming you had two or more cells there)?

And does the same logic apply to Recruiting and Travel?

Seems like this would tend to make the bot spread out quite a bit, which may or may not make sense. I haven't played enough to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So there is no case where you would have two (or more) plots in a single country (EDIT: assuming you had two or more cells there)?

No, on the contrary. The bot will try to put as many Plots as possible within each category before moving on (i.e. if there are 2 Cells in the US and 1 in an RC country with Aid and the bot plays a 3 Op card, they will make 2 attempts in the US and one in the RC country.)

The only exception to this "as much as possible per box" rule is Travel Destinations, which show "To: With 1 Cell Each" next to the category. Each box there gets 1 Cell before moving onto the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.