Hide
4 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Teen Titans» Forums » Rules

Subject: "If you control..." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Armin Hamidi
msg tools
Many effects start with "If you control..." do these trigger only when played? Or rather if I true the "if statement" at any point in my turn will is trigger?

i.e. Solstice= if you control a super power draw a card.
Does this work if I play the super power after I play Solstice?
Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
A cards text resolves when it is played so if it only states "If you control..." then it only looks at what you control when you play it. Per your example, Solstice will not trigger if you put a Super Power under your control after Solstice has been played.

I think the only exception to this is the Over-sized Characters which have the addition of "Once during your turn,..." to let you trigger their control effect when you are ready for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armin Hamidi
msg tools
So cards with "gains +1 for each equipment/superpower/ etc." are constant and include cards played after them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It resolves when you play it.
If you do not control a Super Power (have one in play either because you played it previously this turn or it had ongoing), then you draw.
If not, you do not draw for playing a Super Power after Solstice has resolved.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.