$20.00
$15.00
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few games I'd like to get from Essen and Funagain has a list of games you can order that they'll get at Essen and ship to you. Just curious if anyone has experience with this and what the usual shipping times are to receive what you order?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
never if they don't get enough.

maybe they've gotten better but that was my experience years ago so I haven't bothered trying again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered twice. Both experiences were positive. It took some time for the games to arrive, but they came thru with my orders. I do not recall how long it took, but think it was a reasonable time frame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good experiences with them and Essen games. I've also been at Essen with them when they're ordering games. Putting in a pre-order helps them know how many to get over the pre-order number. If it's a pre-order they already have a price on you can pretty much be sure of getting it, though it may be a month or so after Essen depending on their success with shipping both from Essen and directly from companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
There are a few games I'd like to get from Essen and Funagain has a list of games you can order that they'll get at Essen and ship to you. Just curious if anyone has experience with this and what the usual shipping times are to receive what you order?

Thanks!

see also

FunAgain Preorders and Essen

for past years experiences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be the fifth year I order Essen titles from them, so you can probably guess that I've been pleased with it. I would recommend it but I strongly urge you to carefully read the way the program is handled.

The short version is they don't know what they can get (and if you know how much of a chaotic event Essen is, that should not be surprising - many small companies do not know until they are actually at Essen how many copies they'll even have arrive on time for the show).

Funagain tries not to put something up for order until they think there's a reasonable chance they will get something, but it's not a guarantee. The items also do not all arrive at once, so if you're inflexible on shipping your games may not arrive for a while.

If you know what to expect though, it's always nice when an Essen title arrives for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Today was the first time I learned about this concept. So of course I instantly go to their website to see if they would be doing pre-orders for the new 7 Wonders: Duel Pantheon expansion (possibly even with the metal token, promo wonder, and metal coins) and, no, they are not. I mean you can pre-order the expansion normally but then I can do that anywhere. Repos Productions was doing their own pre-orders to get this expansion and extra goodies but you have to be able to pick it up at Essen.

Sure I could ask if someone could pick it up for me at Essen and ship it to me but I figured with this program from Funagain maybe I could get a decent price with shipping. Oh well. Expansion should come out in the states in November and Repos Productions should hopefully offer the extra goodies direct via their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinkley
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
This will be the fifth year I order Essen titles from them, so you can probably guess that I've been pleased with it. I would recommend it but I strongly urge you to carefully read the way the program is handled.

The short version is they don't know what they can get (and if you know how much of a chaotic event Essen is, that should not be surprising - many small companies do not know until they are actually at Essen how many copies they'll even have arrive on time for the show).

Funagain tries not to put something up for order until they think there's a reasonable chance they will get something, but it's not a guarantee. The items also do not all arrive at once, so if you're inflexible on shipping your games may not arrive for a while.

If you know what to expect though, it's always nice when an Essen title arrives for you.

Dave, have you used this same service to have Essen releases delivered to BGG.CON?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.