Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I don't see anything about this on the forums, but I recently acquired an older version of Twilight Imperium (3rd edition)

Looks like the same box, except it's Fantasy Flights old red logo.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any significant printing mishaps or anything from the early days, that my copy may contain?

I'm assuming any errata were not included but other than that I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cook
United States
Sheldon
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first printing had an issue with the orange technology deck. Two copies of Sarween Tools, 0 copies of Transit Diodes.

If you find that applies to you, contact FFG customer support. The old direct link to a replacement request
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/ti3replacement.html/
no longer works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that's quite right, as the base game doesn't have an Orange technology deck. Orange came with Shattered Empire.

The main difference is that 1st edition has misprinted PDS cost of 1 on all race sheets; they cost 2 resources each.

The Direct Hit! action card from the first printing also isn't clear that you have to be participating in the battle in question in order to use it.

As long as you understand those 2 things your 1st edition printing will work just fine. It is compatible with the new expansions, and Shattered Empire has a replacement set of Direct Hit! action cards [among others].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

I'll take a look at both of those. Thank you both so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.