Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started learning this game and want to make sure I understand reinforcement placement. At the end of the Turn 1 (full campaign) there are no Japanese units in the Solomons, and no ZOIs project into them.

Since the US Central Pacific HQ on Oahu has a range of 25, and the Solomons are within that range with no enemy units or ZOIs blocking it, it seems I can drop US reinforcements in places like Guadalcanal, Bougainville, Rabaul. Is this correct?

Secret question I am really asking: did I play the Japanese horribly on Turn 1 and should have had them take Guadalcanal and base an air unit there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWhit wrote:
Since the US Central Pacific HQ on Oahu has a range of 25, and the Solomons are within that range with no enemy units or ZOIs blocking it, it seems I can drop US reinforcements in places like Guadalcanal, Bougainville, Rabaul. Is this correct?

Technically correct but in practice it never happens because the War in Europe value of 0 means Turn 2 units will ALWAYS go to the delayed box. About the only real choice the Allies have of interest is where to place SEAC but since the Commonwealth needs an HQ in India SEAC usually goes to Calcutta.

MikeWhit wrote:
Secret question I am really asking: did I play the Japanese horribly on Turn 1 and should have had them take Guadalcanal and base an air unit there?

Not at all, notice that the game turn 2 campaign game setup only has Japan with a cruiser and a brigade in Rabaul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I thought my War in Europe "level" was 0 meaning I receive all reinforcements, but it is just in the zero "box" which indexes into the "level 1" section. Oops. I need to put a stop to the battles raging over the Solomons and New Guinea and reset my game!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.