Subject: I'm not sure if I won.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Orel
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just finished my first playthrough and I'm not sure if I won or not. I was down to my last two agents and on day 14 I was able to complete my second mission - sabotage.
There was no clear way back to the safehouse though. So I'm not sure if I won the game or not! Image attached (ignore the fact I read the mission card wrong and brought more explosives than was necessary - should have bought a gun instead).

Looking at V1.1 of the rules:

The game ends when any one of the following conditions is met:
 Your last worker is arrested.
 Your second goal is completed.

When the game ends, complete any further requirements for the current turn, and then check to see how you
did:
 If you have completed both of your goals, you win.
 If you have completed only one of your goals, the game is a draw.
 If you have completed neither of his goals, you lose.

So, do I take it in order from the top to the bottom? My last worker was arrested, but after completing the second goal. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

It was a really fun game. I'm looking forward to playing again.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially, you triggered game end by completing your second goal. While you were finishing your last turn, you then triggered game end again by having both of your guys arrested.

So the game has ended. You now check whether you won. You completed both missions, so you're a winner. Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Orel
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, that's what I was hoping.

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
My answer would be "...maybe?"

In principle, Holgerd is completely right - if you end the game by all of your maquisards being arrested but you've completed all of your goals, then you still win. Your noble sacrifice for France shall be remembered!

However, in the photo you show two maquisards on the objective card at the same time, which isn't allowed - only one worker may be placed on a given location in a single turn, and each objective card represents a single location. So if you ended the game by placing both maquisards there on the final turn, and they both got arrested at the same time as a result, then I'm afraid that move wasn't valid so you couldn't have completed your mission in time.
(Of course, if you'd known this then you may have played previous turns differently so you might not have ended up in this situation, so you still might have won in the long run...!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.