Subject: Availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past Splotter games have had small print runs and would go out of print fairly quickly.

Is there a danger of that with FCM or did they change their production strategy?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Food Chain Magnate has already been through five print runs. So a bit of change in the strategy, yes, but at some point the print runs will stop and there'll be a longer pause before the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why use the word danger?
Isn't it a good thing for the game to get more print-runs/ a wider availability?
It's fun to have a rare gem on your shelves like previous Splotter games, but I find it better that more people get to know these great games.
I'm quite off-topic so far, but yes I think they're changing the strategy at least a little bit, the demand is growing and they are listening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because there's a danger of the game going out of print before Todd can buy it? That's how I understood the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
Because there's a danger of the game going out of print before Todd can buy it? That's how I understood the question.

Yes. Sorry if I wasn't clear. In the past I felt rushed .... Buy before it is OOP. This game seems to handled differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Popularity warranted 5 printings. I think this last one being released in October will be the end of it for a couple of years, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Southworth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not found it anywhere in the UK for under £100. It's rare as hen's teeth over here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
We actually did 6 printings cool (One was sneaked in just before Essen, and sold out as well).

We probably have some copies left after shipping everything out, but we locked orders just to be sure-- we're very busy shipping Zimbabwe and Indonesia first.

Around Essen, we shipped a lot of games to retailers in the US and Europe. We *think* this will be the last of it. However, we already have some retailers asking for more games. If demand is high enough, we'll reprint.

We have not so much changed strategy, but demand has been overwhelming. It's still very hard for us (and our retailers) to predict if there is still demand left after each print run.

To get it now in Europe, try Philibert in France, they still have copies for list price (75 euro) + shipping.

JW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Southworth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Order placed with Philibert, thanks for the heads up. Also ordered Le Havre from them, another game hard to find for under £150 here in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taylor
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
zaphoduk wrote:
Not found it anywhere in the UK for under £100. It's rare as hen's teeth over here.

I've just ordered (and recieved) it from Shire games. I was half expecting them to say "Oh sorry, we're out of stock we just forgot to update the page" but no, it was waiting for me when I got home from work today. Yay.

Still showing as in stock too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Eye
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ergates wrote:
I've just ordered (and recieved) it from Shire games. I was half expecting them to say "Oh sorry, we're out of stock we just forgot to update the page" but no, it was waiting for me when I got home from work today. Yay.

Still showing as in stock too...

Following this, I also ordered this from Shire games on November 24 and it arrived on November 25. I have seen this in a store in Birmingham but they wanted £100 for it. I paid £70 including postage so if you're still looking in the UK then try here or Birmingham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P
msg tools
joriswiersinga wrote:
We have not so much changed strategy, but demand has been overwhelming. It's still very hard for us (and our retailers) to predict if there is still demand left after each print run.

There is still demand for FCM, I am sure! It has just entered r/boardgames top 10 chart at number 2 and there is a lot of discussion about it over there.

Would love to get my hands on a copy too but it is impossible in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My flgs has 2 copies that have been hanging out for several months. Its sad because its such a great game, I want to see it sold! (I own a copy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sacha CISZEWICZ
Luxembourg
Luxembourg Ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:
We actually did 6 printings cool (One was sneaked in just before Essen, and sold out as well).

We probably have some copies left after shipping everything out, but we locked orders just to be sure-- we're very busy shipping Zimbabwe and Indonesia first.

Around Essen, we shipped a lot of games to retailers in the US and Europe. We *think* this will be the last of it. However, we already have some retailers asking for more games. If demand is high enough, we'll reprint.

To get it now in Europe, try Philibert in France, they still have copies for list price (75 euro) + shipping.

JW

Hello,

Any reprint in sight? it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Its on amazon right now for about $107

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sacha CISZEWICZ
Luxembourg
Luxembourg Ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also find it in the BGG Marketplace but it's cheaper when it's sold by real retailers like Philibert.
So if there is another print planned, I prefer to wait for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sach, I highly doubt there will be another reprint any time soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You had 5 chances this last year... :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sacha CISZEWICZ
Luxembourg
Luxembourg Ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies.
OMW to BGG Market then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Piles of FCM at MM for $90.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Furry Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played it yesterday at a friend's place. Immediate all-time Top 10. But when I looked around, I realized that you cant get it for anything resembling an acceptable price (125€+)... Wish it was available more widely.

Does anyone know a place that has free international/free shipping to Switzerland that still has it for under 100€?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.