7 Posts

The Battle at Kemble's Cascade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking Players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you attack a player the get 1 PvP marker per damage and then if they die all players get +2 glory and then +1 per PVP marker on that player?

We had a game in which everyone realized that firing level 3 lasers into one another is worth a hell of a ton of points. Way more than anything else... It seemed like we were doing something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
When you attack a player the get 1 PvP marker per damage and then if they die all players get +2 glory and then +1 per PVP marker on that player?

We had a game in which everyone realized that firing level 3 lasers into one another is worth a hell of a ton of points. Way more than anything else... It seemed like we were doing something wrong.

You don't give markers per damage, you only give markers once per turn. Their threat level is raised by the total damage you deal. From the rulebook, page 10 (emphasis mine):

Quote:
FIRING AT OTHER PLAYERS (PvP)

Firing at other players doesn’t result in direct damage as it does when firing at enemies. Instead, it raises the Threat Level of the attacked player. When firing at another player, sum up the total damage inflicted. The attacked player then moves his Threat Marker to the right a number of steps equal to the total damage inflicted (note that 2 Threats are required to increase a player’s Threat Level from 5 to 6 and from 6 to 7). This allows the attacked player to dodge the bullet on his next turn.

When you add any number of Threat Level to another player, give that player one PvP Marker. The attacked player must keep every PvP marker on his Captain Board. These will come into play when a player gets destroyed (see p. 13).

A maximum of 1 PvP Marker per player per turn can be given, no matter how many times you fire at the same player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Follow up, if I shoot a missile up close, does the splash damage hurt me?

If I have a missile launcher only, can I choose not to use it and shoot a basic laser instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Tyrland
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Inspired by ShaunGamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alex,

The splash damage is only in one of the four directions so you do not have to splash yourself.

You are always allowed to fire your basic laser. The only two rules that apply is that you only get one fire action without overcharging and you can only use every weapon once during a turn (except for the basic laser)
You are free to chose in what order you use your weapons if you fire more than once and if you only fire once you can fire with any weapon

I hope that helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The splash damage doesn't splash into every direction? Do I get to choose which direction it splashes into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
The splash damage doesn't splash into every direction? Do I get to choose which direction it splashes into?

Just one direction, and you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olle Tyrland
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:

Yes. See the rules, backside:
"When the missile hits a target, the explosion spreads and also damages 1 orthogonally adjacent square (player’s choice)"

If you're up for it, there's some good info and explanations in the FAQ as well: http://www.zmangames.com/news/the-battle-at-kembles-cascade-...

googoogoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.