Subject: Solitaire - Travel + Radicalization questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to wonder why I put myself through trying to learn these sorts of games, seeing as it is becoming clearer and clearer that my brain just can't seem to take it all in. Having worked my way through the rules and solitaire play through today, I have 2 questions that are causing me issue:

1. Radicalization - The first bullet says "If the Funding Track has a Cell...". Does the Cell have to be Available to be placed, or does this action allow the Jihadists to ignore the Funding level, and place a Cell regardless? I would say yes, it ignores the Funding level, as there is no mention of the term "Available", and it would follow the instructions for Event-driven placement.

2. Is it really true that Travel destinations are capped at 1 per bullet/box? I understand the bot would only want to move 1 Cell per country, but why per bullet? If there were both a Besieged Regime, and a Regime Change country, why would it only Travel to the former, and ignore the latter?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Ignore Funding. Funding only affects Jihadist Recruit (4.7.4.2).

2. The bot wants to spread his forces for maximum effect. It wants situations where it can potentially affect a US Regime Change, Major Jihad, Plotting in countries with US Posture, among others.

(Honestly, I was a bit confused as to why you said it would want Besieged Regime over RC, but I realized you're using the stock bot. I can set you up with the slightly-improved one from C3i if you'd like.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
1. Ignore Funding. Funding only affects Jihadist Recruit (4.7.4.2).

2. The bot wants to spread his forces for maximum effect. It wants situations where it can potentially affect a US Regime Change, Major Jihad, Plotting in countries with US Posture, among others.

(Honestly, I was a bit confused as to why you said it would want Besieged Regime over RC, but I realized you're using the stock bot. I can set you up with the slightly-improved one from C3i if you'd like.)

Oh, I was under the impression that the reprint came with the improved bot. Is that not the case?

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is C3i Bot posted somewhere? if not, do you mind sending me that as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but I confirmed that the 2nd and 3rd printing included the new bots. I also found out that the bots (both US and Jihadist) are back compatible with the base game, so I'm going to use those instead. That way, I only have to remember how to use one set of bots for both games.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah i've been using the new awakening jihadist bot for the campaign game (one deck WoT, one deck Awakening) and it's been great.

definitely looking forward to trying out the US bot next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.