Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb

Heroes,

Bout to start our 1st Descent Campaign, since we have few extra hero packs we wanted to know

could we change heroes mid Campaign?
can we switch out the hero with another of the same class type?
heroes keep the exp and skills cards for the next hero of the same class?
or maybe choose few heroes start of campaign to be able to use throughout the campaign?
has there been any official ruling on the matter?

since we are 2 players thats just 2 heroes vs OL its a shame we wont be able to use other heroes for the entire campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jrmillionaire wrote:

could we change heroes mid Campaign?

In the end, it's your game so you can decide. I've tried this.
jrmillionaire wrote:

can we switch out the hero with another of the same class type?
heroes keep the exp and skills cards for the next hero of the same class?
or maybe choose few heroes start of campaign to be able to use throughout the campaign?

I made it so after the interlude the heroes could respec hero, class and items (at full value if equipped). I did have this one stipulation. It was that if the heroes respec, so did the overlord.
jrmillionaire wrote:

has there been any official ruling on the matter?

No.
jrmillionaire wrote:

since we are 2 players thats just 2 heroes vs OL its a shame we wont be able to use other heroes for the entire campaign

Do what makes the group happiest, but aim to make it fair for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules, you can't do any of this. Having hero packs makes no difference; they're just extra ones to choose from. You pick your heroes and classes and the start and that's what you use for the whole campaign.

You can make house rules, though. If things are going really badly for the heroes, I let them switch out a hero or two after the Interlude quest.

You can also play two heroes each. It's not too much to keep track of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.