Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As hinted in the title, do I have to resolve the events on a Hogwarts card in the same order they are printed on the card?

I am looking specifically at Pomona Sprout:
Gain 1 influence
Any one hero gains 2 hearts
Roll the Hufflepuff die

I may want to see the die result before assigning the two hearts. If a player draws Protego or some other self-healing card, maybe somebody else could use the two hearts more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
I don't know of an official answer, but I've been playing it that the effects go in order. It may be worth asking the company about. They're usually pretty good about responding to customers.

EDIT: clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind of hoping they were watching the forums, but I may email them if they don't reply here over the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
As hinted in the title, do I have to resolve the events on a Hogwarts card in the same order they are printed on the card?

Gain 1 influence
Roll the Hufflepuff die

I may want to see the die result before assigning the two hearts. If a player draws Protego or some other self-healing card, maybe somebody else could use the two hearts more.

What the heck is the Hufflepuff die?? Is this a spoiler for a later game year???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
What the heck is the Hufflepuff die?? Is this a spoiler for a later game year???

That depends upon your point of view, but IMHO not really. The dice are pictured on the bottom of the box of the main game. If the designers wanted it to be a surprise, they shouldn't have shown them on the outside of the box. There insert also has a rather conspicuous location for you to store them in. Its not that hard to figure out and its also pretty obvious which year they will appear. (To be honest, when I saw the inside of the game in one of the Gencon videos, my very first thought was "oh, that one box there, I bet there are dice in it.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:

That depends upon your point of view, but IMHO not really. The dice are pictured on the bottom of the box of the main game. If the designers wanted it to be a surprise, they shouldn't have shown them on the outside of the box. There insert also has a rather conspicuous location for you to store them in. Its not that hard to figure out and its also pretty obvious which year they will appear. (To be honest, when I saw the inside of the game in one of the Gencon videos, my very first thought was "oh, that one box there, I bet there are dice in it.")

Fair enough. I never looked at the bottom of the box or watched any videos for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:

Gain 1 influence
Roll the Hufflepuff die

We have been playing that effects go in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.