Subject: Can Moff J. move the same unit 2 steps with Double Our Efforts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Schmidt
Sweden
Sundsvall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to move the same unit twice when assigning Moff J. to Double Our Efforts or must it be two different units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says additional unit.

Seems clear to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Schmidt
Sweden
Sundsvall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you but maybe you could answer the question instead of telling me that you know the answer :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By saying 'additional unit', it means a different unit. That second unit must also be on space 2 or 3 of the track, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Schmidt
Sweden
Sundsvall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much, that was how I interpreted it but a fellow gamer opposed it and since English isn't our first language it's always worth checking :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Also I'd just like to point out that Moff J is only actually doubling his efforts if the unit was on turn 2. So he's twice as efficient and gets it done in half the time.

on turn 3 he's only giving like 50% more effort because it's taking 2 turns instead of 3 (I think I'm mathing right)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are still doubling their efforts for this round, though. The unit moves 2 stages rather than 1 in the round that the card is used.

And the Moff himself always doubles the efforts as he accelerates a second unit .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
They are still doubling their efforts for this round, though. The unit moves 2 stages rather than 1 in the round that the card is used.

And the Moff himself always doubles the efforts as he accelerates a second unit .

Alright you get off the hook this turn but next turn I expect better results.

also "Moff" isn't a name. It's a title. Kinda like "Lord" or "Governor." From what I remember there's only like a dozen of them and they are in charge of huge swaths of space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
also "Moff" isn't a name. It's a title. Kinda like "Lord" or "Governor." From what I remember there's only like a dozen of them and they are in charge of huge swaths of space.

Given we're being technical, it's a rank, not a title, but that's also why I said "the" Moff. I made the assumption it was clear which Moff I was referring to in context .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:

Given we're being technical, it's a rank, not a title, but that's also why I said "the" Moff. I made the assumption it was clear which Moff I was referring to in context .

Well technically a rank is a kind of title. Namely a title that also involves military responsibility and authority. So not all titles are ranks but all ranks are titles.

nerd war intensifies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.