Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Busted this game out for the first time in a while tonight, playing solo scenario B (can't remember the name; it's the one where you get points for exiting marines and the gunner and flamethrower start locked in cells.)

What a fun time! Game ended with just a sergeant and the flamethrower guy left alive, and me with 22 points. All I needed to do to clinch victory was exit the flamethrower, but alas, he ended up surrounded by xenos and massacred a mere few squares from the exit. It was an exciting finish.

Random thoughts: the flamethrower creates cool tactical possibilities. There was one occasion where, to stay alive, I had to shoot a wall of flame to protect my remaining marines so that they'd be shielded from the xenos during the upcoming xeno phase.

I also like the number crunching involved in optimizing your actions. The game succeeds in capturing a feeling of overwhelming desperation. The theme really comes through.

Awesome time and I'll definitely be getting this out again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:
There was one occasion where, to stay alive, I had to shoot a wall of flame to protect my remaining marines so that they'd be shielded from the xenos during the upcoming xeno phase.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The last rounds of this game always are a desperate battle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A shame they never did any expansions for this. I wonder if they'll re-issue the game with their new overseas printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.