Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

1. Pre-invasion bombardment:
What happens to the 10 cards drawn? Do they remain in the discard pile or are they reshuffled?
I suppose they remain in the discard.

2. Scaling the cliff:
During the American player turn a time event gives the opportunity to the player to advance some units at the top of the hill and bring new units in the empty beach hexes.
Can the American player (in the same turn) give an order to the units that just advanced and\or the new ones?
For the new ones I think he can give orders since they are like reinforcements. For the units that advanced up hill I am not sure if this advance is a "free" order (or not an order at all).

Thank you meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Emil 109 wrote:
Hi guys!

What happens to the 10 cards drawn? Do they remain in the discard pile or are they reshuffled?

They should be shuffled. That's the last thing you do before beginning the game (according to the sequence of set up and play).

Quote:

2. Scaling the cliff:
During the American player turn a time event gives the opportunity to the player to advance some units at the top of the hill and bring new units in the empty beach hexes.
Can the American player (in the same turn) give an order to the units that just advanced and\or the new ones?
For the new ones I think he can give orders since they are like reinforcements. For the units that advanced up hill I am not sure if this advance is a "free" order (or not an order at all).

Thank you meeple

They would not be able to be given another order if the Time Advance took place on the Allied turn, since they are Advanced and Advance is an Order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. So, if I move a unit on the beach from a beach hex to another beach hex and then in the same turn comes the Time event I can't advance this unit?

2. What about the card I draw at start to see how many units advance? Do I also reshuffle it ?
And how about the card I draw during subsequent turns? Do I reshuffle it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Emil 109 wrote:
Hi guys!

They should be shuffled. That's the last thing you do before beginning the game (according to the sequence of set up and play).

Well, I disagree that it is explicitly in the rules. BUT it is in the RSG setup, Rule RS.15 Cards. With this rule, we can safely extrapolate that you do reshuffle the cards before the beginning of the game. (See Chad informing my previous ignorance below!)

Malacandra wrote:
Emil 109 wrote:
2. Scaling the cliff:

Thank you meeple

They would not be able to be given another order if the Time Advance took place on the Allied turn, since they are Advanced and Advance is an Order.

Here, I disagree. The special rule does not say that you Activate the units.
Rule 14. General Rules Rule 14.1 Activation wrote:
... Then, if that particular Order is one that “activates” something, he activates one player or friendly unit (as appropriate for the Order) that has not yet been activated that Turn to perform the Order. ...

I added bold to the italics.

The Scenario Special Rule does not activate any units. They are merely provided the option to Advance a random number of units into an adjacent hex. I would argue that the word "places" might have been more advisable. Regardless if the units weren't already activated in the US player's turn, they could then be subsequently be activated per normal rules of play.

>>>> Edited to reflect Chad's reference to the correct rule below!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emil 109 wrote:
1. So, if I move a unit on the beach from a beach hex to another beach hex and then in the same turn comes the Time event I can't advance this unit?

2. What about the card I draw at start to see how many units advance? Do I also reshuffle it ?
And how about the card I draw during subsequent turns? Do I reshuffle it?

1) See my comments above for my rationale, but that is wrong. You can place the unit to the top of the cliff. However, since they had already been activated for the Move Order, you could not play another Order that activates them (unless it is the Hero).

2) The card is discarded normally. So it would be reshuffled the next time the Americans get a Time! Trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-Invasion Bombardment:
Quote:
Well, I disagree that it is explicitly in the rules.

Rule HS.5 in the "Scenario Setup" section of the playbook. Shuffling the decks and drawing your opening hands is the last thing you do before play begins.

Scaling the Cliffs:
Quote:
The special rule does not say that you Activate the units.

This is correct: the scaling units are not activated by this special activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we all clear here now? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.