Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Ca-mint-o (de Santiago)

Design for Mint tin design contest 2016

Very definitely in the ideas phase, so a lot of this might change.
2 player game of managing a medieval monastery. Choose cards which have an academic discipline and an action on them. The disciplines are straight set collection, while the actions are things like move down the Camino, brew beer, weave cloth, heal sick and build monastery. Choose cards wisely for the most points.

Components
50+ Mini-Cards
4-5 Monk tokens in two colors
1 Pilgrim pawn in two colors
# of Camino tokens

Working on prototype now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I have made a lot of very major changes to the game idea. I need to update this once I do a playtest with current set of ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
As part of a college class my husband walked the Camino de Santiago, so the name definitely caught my interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What class was it? That is one heck of a homework assignment?

The whole monastery thing has been dropped. It felt like two games shoved into one. So I am concentrating on the Camino part. It is more a tableau building game mixed with resource management. I am currently at Essen and forgot my scissors, so I can't make the tokens to try out the current version of the rules. I'll be home tomorrow though and will make an attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "homework" was more like preparing for the walk - learning to walk for longer and longer each day while carrying heavier and heavier packs. The "final" was the actual walk along the Camino de Santiago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love games with monastic themes. Subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim. Unfortunately this design has taken a nosedive. I have some things I am still working on and hope to get it done, but those designs have the monastery part removed. I simplified it to just the Camino. I still crave to make a monastery themed thing, but it will not be this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem! I'm still very interested. Maybe you will realize that theme in another project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
No problem! I'm still very interested. Maybe you will realize that theme in another project.

That is definitely the plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.