United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump has a busy first day planned.

Trump:
"Repeal every single Obama executive order." (He has also pledged more specifically to "eliminate every unconstitutional executive order.")

"Repeal Obamacare." (On Trump's campaign website, he's less bullish, promising only to "ask Congress" on day one to repeal Obamacare immediately.)

"End the war on coal."

"Begin swiftly removing criminal illegal immigrants from this country." (More specifically, Trump has promised to do this in his "first hour" in office, "day one, before the wall, before anything.")

"Begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, southern border wall."

Meet with Homeland Security officials and generals to begin securing the southern border.

"Notify all countries that refuse to take back dangerous illegal immigrants who have committed crimes in this country that they will lose access to our visa programs if they continue to do so."

Convene his top generals and inform them they have 30 days to come up with a plan to stop ISIS.

Fix the VA.

Call the heads of major companies who are moving operations oversea to inform them that they'll face 35 percent tariffs.

"Contact countries and say...folks, we love protecting you, we want to continue to protect you but you're not living up to the bargain...They're not paying what they're supposed to be paying—which is very little, by the way."

"Defend the unborn."

"Withdraw from TPP."

"Start taking care of our...military."

Suspend Syrian refugee resettlement.

"Notify our NAFTA partners of my intention to renegotiate the deal."

"Designate China as a currency manipulator."

"Direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations, and they are going to be removed."

"Get rid of gun-free zones [in] schools" and "military bases"—which would require repealing a 25-year-old federal law. ("My first day, it gets signed, OK? My first day. There's no more gun-free zones.")

"Ask Congress to pass 'Kate's Law'—named for Kate Steinle—to ensure that criminal aliens convicted of illegal re-entry receive strong mandatory minimum sentences."

Learn the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas.

Clinton
"Tackle the gun lobby to try to reduce the outrageous number of people who are dying from gun violence in our country."

"Reach out to Republicans and say, 'This is your chance to help millions of families and show that your party, the party of Lincoln, is better than Donald Trump.'"

"Work with both parties to pass the biggest investment in new, good-paying jobs since World War II."

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/donald-trump-first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the fuck is the "war on coal"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Coal is a very bad emitter of CO2 (but also sulphur and other pollutants)
It is very environmentally damaging to mine.
The USA has lots of gas. Therefore they are phasing out coal.
Since coal mining is the ultimate white blue collar job Trump wants to reverse this. It is not clear if he accepts AGW but most of his party doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Since coal mining is the ultimate white blue collar job Trump wants to reverse this. It is not clear if he accepts AGW but most of his party doesn't.
Right, what a stupid way to put it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Right, what a stupid way to put it.

Trump has wars on practically everything. The war on common sense seems to be succeeding best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hm, both very different from what I'd do on my first day in office. I'd have to occupy most of it signing pardons, since there are so many people in the federal prisons who were not even charged in an indictment with causing harm to any particular person.

I would take time to sack the Federal Reserve chairman and install someone extremely uncooperative and obstructionist in her place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Hillary is as much of a lazy piece of shit as Obama...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Or is more realistic then Trump, and knows there is only so much you can do in a day.

Also look at all those executive orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Do you think Trump can realistically accomplish all that on the first day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell, I'd just throw a party with booze and loose women. No need to get so aggressive with all that policy sh*t on the first day in my reign of power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

"Contact countries and say...folks, we love protecting you, we want to continue to protect you but you're not living up to the bargain...They're not paying what they're supposed to be paying—which is very little, by the way." (lets assume he means all countries that have us bases).

You have bases in around 70 countries (so lets say 70), that is 70 separate phone calls. Lets assume he just puts the phone down after telling them (is this good foreign policy) and there is no discussion. Say a minute a phone call, so over an hour will be taken up on this one matter, assuming he does not get bogged down in conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

"Contact countries and say...folks, we love protecting you, we want to continue to protect you but you're not living up to the bargain...They're not paying what they're supposed to be paying—which is very little, by the way." (lets assume he means all countries that have us bases).

You have bases in around 70 countries (so lets say 70), that is 70 separate phone calls. Lets assume he just puts the phone down after telling them (is this good foreign policy) and there is no discussion. Say a minute a phone call, so over an hour will be taken up on this one matter, assuming he does not get bogged down in conversation.

He wouldn't call. He would just use Twitter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
abadolato01 wrote:
Hell, I'd just throw a party with booze and loose women. No need to get so aggressive with all that policy sh*t on the first day in my reign of power.

That would bode very well for the country. Under monarchy, one sometimes did get such a character in charge, a benign ruler who only card about wine, women and song, but democracy ensures us the worst sort of control freaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to all the people who condemned Obama for not meeting all his campaign promises within the first month also holding Trumps feet to the fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

He wouldn't call. He would just use Twitter!
He does not do the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
The concept of a checks and balances are lost on people Trump. Hell, most of my countrymen are Trump is actually pretty ignorant of the powers the president has. He can't repeal shit by himself, but he can block funding approval until the thing he doesn't want is not funded when budgets roll around (of course, so can congress to keep the president's projects rolling as well).

Pretty much the only thing he can do is kick out illegal immigrants and halt Muslims from entering the country. The first part of that is by giving orders to enforce laws on the books to government agencies already in existence and the second part is actually a power granted by the Constitution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
The concept of a checks and balances are lost on people Obama. Hell, most of my countrymen are Obama is actually pretty ignorant of the powers the president has. He can't repeal shit by himself, but he can block funding approval until the thing he doesn't want is not funded when budgets roll around (of course, so can congress to keep the president's projects rolling as well).

FTFY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
The concept of a checks and balances are lost on people Obama. Hell, most of my countrymen are Obama is actually pretty ignorant of the powers the president has. He can't repeal shit by himself, but he can block funding approval until the thing he doesn't want is not funded when budgets roll around (of course, so can congress to keep the president's projects rolling as well).

FTFY
But Obama!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
I look forward to all the people who condemned Obama for not meeting all his campaign promises within the first month also holding Trumps feet to the fire.

Trump will have his feet held to the fire at every turn.

Hillary will be given a pass. The press will fawn over her. Democrats will do whatever she orders. Republicans will crumple like wet tissue paper because they'll be afraid to challenge her lest the press say bad things about them.

If you want an all-powerful Washington continuing to place itself above the law, then yeah, vote for Queen Hillary.

It is true that Republicans have never dared to critique much less investigste a Clinton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Hillary will be given a pass. The press will fawn over her. Democrats will do whatever she orders. Republicans will crumple like wet tissue paper because they'll be afraid to challenge her lest the press say bad things about them.

If you want an all-powerful Washington continuing to place itself above the law, then yeah, vote for Queen Hillary.
LOL, If you do not want an all-powerful Washington continuing to place itself above the law, then yeah, vote for Ling Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

On the bright side, Nations, Companies or people with a lot of money will be able to bypass any pesky interference and get their way with a simple contribution to a certain foundation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

On the bright side, Nations, Companies or people with a lot of money will be able to bypass any pesky interference and get their way with a simple contribution to a certain foundation.

You mean like the way The Donald escaped an investigation in Florida with the donation to the AG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

On the bright side, Nations, Companies or people with a lot of money will be able to bypass any pesky interference and get their way with a simple contribution direct to the man himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

That would bode very well for the country. Under monarchy, one sometimes did get such a character in charge, a benign ruler who only card about wine, women and song, but democracy ensures us the worst sort of control freaks.

Actaully it usually went pretty badly for the people - because some tryant who actually wanted the role stepped up behind thr throne and took all the power.

Power not used is power lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Don't forget mercury! It's long term like radiation.

http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/newscience/2011/1...

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs361/en/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.