Hide
13 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Hero picker and monster randomizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mabbe Labbe
msg tools
Ever wanted to randomize your Zombicide hero picking and game setup?
I have made a little website that does it for you.

http://mflagstad.com/character-picker/

The last couple of days I have been fiddling with a coding project on the train when commuting to work. It is a randomizer for the Zombicide games, that I have created from scratch and are now ready to share with you

I always felt like the random character pickers out there were kinda boring (excel sheets and what not), so I wanted to spice it up a bit. I also wanted to make something really generic and easy to change for everyone. This is why the list can be downloaded as a json file, manipulated to your liking and uploaded again to show your own list.

This can of course be used to create new lists for other board games, and that is also my plan for the future

If you have setup some lists for new games, or would like me to add some new characters to the predefined list let me know and I will try to add them into the website.

Also if you find any bugs, let me know. I have not tested it thoroughly since it has just been a fun side project.

Let me know what you think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awesome! Will most likely use that next time we play in one way or the other :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, yeah, that's pretty excellent! Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty cool. I could see such a selector being a very useful APP in iOS/Android form. Particularly with Necromancer and Abomination specific lists to use as spawn selectors.

Nicely done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:
This is pretty cool. I could see such a selector being a very useful APP in iOS/Android form. Particularly with Necromancer and Abomination specific lists to use as spawn selectors.

Nicely done.

THIS! ^

Good work man, will have to check it out when I get a chance to get my new copy to the table. Soooo many heroes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brantley
United States
Hays
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great Stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all: Thanks for doing this, it's an awesome tool

I have only two suggestions to make:
In the Modern Zombicide i would like to have the KS promos divided into the three KS, so if i have only one set i can quickly tick out the other two.

Generally i'd love to see a short list of the already drafted survivors. I know the previosly selected are highlighted, but it would be even more awesome if i could see my selected team in an extra list to the right or to the bottom. With the melee/ranged/magic showing i can quickly alter the next draw to get a balanced team.

Thank you again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool! You are missing a few characters for original Zombicide:
Mr. Phal from Gaming Night Kit #4
Jovem Nerd and Azaghal from Gaming Night Kit #5
Alyana Heska and Union Worker #42 from the Wrath of Kings crossover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!!

I wonder if it would be possible to include other category columns like gender or, in the case of Black Plague (and only Black Plague), race (human, elf, dwarf).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mabbe Labbe
msg tools
Heisenbrain wrote:
First of all: Thanks for doing this, it's an awesome tool

I have only two suggestions to make:
In the Modern Zombicide i would like to have the KS promos divided into the three KS, so if i have only one set i can quickly tick out the other two.

Generally i'd love to see a short list of the already drafted survivors. I know the previosly selected are highlighted, but it would be even more awesome if i could see my selected team in an extra list to the right or to the bottom. With the melee/ranged/magic showing i can quickly alter the next draw to get a balanced team.

Thank you again!

Thanks for the feedback
I can setup that three KS promo category. Any suggestions on the name to use for the different categories? I don't own the Modern Zombicide myself, so only based this on what I found on zombicide.com.
Edit: The promo categories are now set up correctly based on addon/free and the given KS season.

I like the idea for the short list Will see what I can do in the next update.

DoomTurtle wrote:
This is cool! You are missing a few characters for original Zombicide:
Mr. Phal from Gaming Night Kit #4
Jovem Nerd and Azaghal from Gaming Night Kit #5
Alyana Heska and Union Worker #42 from the Wrath of Kings crossover

Thanks for the feedback. Will add these as well.
Edit: These are now added to the list.

montanus wrote:
Awesome!!!

I wonder if it would be possible to include other category columns like gender or, in the case of Black Plague (and only Black Plague), race (human, elf, dwarf).

Thanks for the feedback. Right now the setup is hard coded with 3 columns, but I think it's not that big job to make it possible to add more. I will look into it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Musab Abdulla
Bahrain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome stuff! Planning to start using it for our next session and will post any suggestions we have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Champion
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome

Could I request a small improvement? Could you add the option to select all character from one box (base game, expansion, guest boxes etc). Saves on clicking if you want to include all of one box in the list you wish to randomise.

Thanks again,
-Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what I needed. My kids and I play this a lot and we like to randomize what we're fighting.

And on characters I usually give every 4-6 characters and we each pick 2. But a pure randomizer would be nice too.

Thanks for making this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.