$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Michael Elboim
Israel
flag msg tools
I'm still new to Cosmic Encounter and I'm trying to understand all the tiny FAQ rules. In the next situation the blue player have three blue planets with ships on them (#1-3), and two blue planets with no blue ships on them; one of the two blue planets (#4) has all kinds of non-blue ships on it (red, yellow and green), and the other (#5) is completely empty.

If I'm the purple player and I draw a blue destiny card:

1a. Can I attack the blue planet (#4) with non-blue ships on it (but with red, yellow and green) and fight a shipless blue player on it?

1b. And what if there was a purple ship on this planet as well, then could I attack it as a purple player - and just increase the size of that colony if I win?

2. Can I attack the empty blue planet (#5) and fight a shipless blue player on it?

Or, as long as blue has blue planets with blue ships on them - I have to attack one of them, and can fight a shipless blue only if he has no more colonies on blue planets?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
You attack the player who's colour you draw. It does not matter if he has ships on the planet you choose to attack or not. In fact it is often a good thing to attack a planet he has no ships on as he does not have as much incentive to fight you. You can not fight ships of any other player on the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Elboim
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all your questions. Although it's hard to think of a situation where it would be worth it to do 1b.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.