Subject: Finding the Promos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaddam IV
Puerto Rico
Kaitain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why are the promotional cards (Terraforming Mars: Small Asteroid Promo Card) for this game harder to acquire than the spice melange? We have sent our minions to all the largest trading souks of the greatest houses of the Landsraad, and there are none to be found. The largest game sellers do not even know what these promo cards are.

And the amount of spice we have paid to fold space to travel to and fro throughout the universe searching for these wicked promotions has been astronomical. Imperial pun intended.

We are not above paying face dancers to pose as Stephen Buonocore, raid Sietch Stronghold Games, and have all remaining stock of the promos sent to the Imperial Palace on Kaitain.

We would like to resolve this matter peacefully, but if Tleilaxian slight of hand is not effective, We will visit upon Stronghold one of our elite Sardaukar legions. If Arrakeen can be breached, so can Somerset.

-Shaddam IV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of people looking for the promo card.

I kinda wonder what people are willing to pay for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
I got a mail today from Stronghold announcing the pre-order details (NB: Not for Essen) and there isn't a sniff of this promo.

I always though promo was short for 'Promotional'. My bad apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
The promos are only available so far for shops that have preordered the game. They'll get plenty to use for promotional purposes there. Fryx Games will also have it at their booth in Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Previdi
Italy
Goito
Mantova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm doing my best, Your Highness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The copy I bought at my FLGS had one taped to the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is the promo card is just a variant on an Asteroid event card. Not worth a grain of spice, IMO. There are over 200 project cards in the game, so this one card isn't going to make a nit of a difference in game play. In fact, it probably won't even be drawn in the majority of your games. YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
My understanding is the promo card is just a variant on an Asteroid event card. Not worth a grain of spice, IMO. There are over 200 project cards in the game, so this one card isn't going to make a nit of a difference in game play. In fact, it probably won't even be drawn in the majority of your games. YMMV

Your understanding is correct, as are your observations. Considering it's mixed into a card pool of 200 other unique cards it isn't worth chasing down at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bet it will be at the BGG Store in a couple of months. They're just trying to support FLGS purchases right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it with my early release game, shuffled it in. Did not come out. Even if it had, would not have been noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the promo one card or a group of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaddam IV
Puerto Rico
Kaitain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

Your understanding is correct, as are your observations. Considering it's mixed into a card pool of 200 other unique cards it isn't worth chasing down at all.

I sit on the throne!

My spies have acquired the promo for me; all we had to do was bribe a shopkeep.

Edit:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3211558/terraforming-mars-la...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

Hey! that is easy to say if you managed to get one. I like to get some promo but french main retailer seem to haven't got it.
I hope some will be available as support for bgg or trictrac shop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pre-ordered with Thirsty Meeples UK it comes with the promo. Mine came this morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duinhir wrote:
Hey! that is easy to say if you managed to get one. I like to get some promo but french main retailer seem to haven't got it.
I hope some will be available as support for bgg or trictrac shop

There will be promos available in Essen this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FYI German-speaking folk, if you order from Schwerkraft Verlag (German version of the game then, obviously), it also comes with the promo card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.