john bryant
msg tools
when a hero moves 1 tile do they just move into any square they want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
johnboyjr wrote:
when a hero moves 1 tile do they just move into any square they want?

I assume you mean that the Hero moves due to something external such as an Event card or being attacked by something like a Feral Troll (who can cause 3 Damage and moves the Hero 2 tiles).

If I remember, the rules or FAQ do not cover this but the general consensus is that the Hero is placed on any vacant space on the tile.

EDIT: BTW, the LoD FAQ has this to say.
Quote:
Where do I put a Monster that I move with one of my Powers or
Treasure cards?

You can place the Monster in any unoccupied square that meets the
effect’s requirements. For example, Tide of Iron allows you to place
the Monster on any unoccupied square on any tile within 1 tile of
your Hero’s current location.

While this doesn't cover what to do with Heroes, it's not much of a stretch to apply the same logic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john bryant
msg tools
ok thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, but I seem to recall to have read that you must place it on a monster spawn square (or whatever it's called) if it's free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
GSReis wrote:
I'm not sure, but I seem to recall to have read that you must place it on a monster spawn square (or whatever it's called) if it's free.

Well, I searched the ToEE rulebook PDF and inspected every instance of "square", "symbol" and "hero" and found no reference what to do with a Hero when moving him onto a new tile.

(the monster spawn point is referred as the "Monster Symbol" in ToEE)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant in the forum, possibly for another game in the series. But I may be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john bryant
msg tools
The ways I can see it going

A. Pick any space you want
B. Move to a square that matches the square you are on if it's free, if not pick any square.
C.treat them like monster and move them to the monster square if it's free, if not move to any square you want.

I am going with A. It seems to be the fastest way to go.

Also one other rule. If you come across a trap you have 2 options step on it or disarm it, as an action if you are on the same tile. So by this rules if you are on tile 1 and tile 2 has a trap at its entrance, there is no way to disarm it you have to step onto it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.