Subject: Consequences rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattia Zabini
Italy
San Giovanni in Persiceto
Bologna
flag msg tools
Some cards have more than 1 consequence simbolo. Is it correct to presume that both must be paid when activating any symbol on it?
The cost must be paid even if discarded during the discard phase and when discarded during the action...
It seems so bad that no one will trigger it prefering to use a second symbol on a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nakedape wrote:
Some cards have more than 1 consequence simbolo. Is it correct to presume that both must be paid when activating any symbol on it?
The cost must be paid even if discarded during the discard phase and when discarded during the action...
It seems so bad that no one will trigger it prefering to use a second symbol on a card.

Only one card has a double consequence which must be applied
The Void cards have :
- the reminder rule to discard one card when you get it from the auction .
It is not a consequence or you can see it as a "local" consequence
- a possible consequence which must be applied always
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, it is not clear to me...

"Only one card has a double consequence which must be applied
The Void cards have :
- the reminder rule to discard one card when you get it from the auction ."

so, this means that only one card has 2 consequences and you must perform both of them. The void card has only one consequence, but it is an exception: it is a reminder that, when you get the void card after an auction, you must immediately discard a card. The next times you play the void card (at the end of a round to get rid of it), you must not discard a card, the icon is no more used.

But what is the meaning of "It is not a consequence or you can see it as a "local" consequence
- a possible consequence which must be applied always" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The symbol is a cross to remind that you have to discard a card when you get it . The rules remind that it is a one time consequence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Zabini
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
So all other consequences apply every time you play or discard that card in any phase?
Can you confirm that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes : the rules say : you must apply all consequences every time you play or discard it, except the discard card symbol which is "a one time consequence "
Page 3 : there is a list of icons and this one time symbol is not listed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Zabini
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
Thank you so much. The game went great at our first play. I was puzzled by the fact that cards with consequences are at the end much worse than void cards. I will keep this in mind, next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Void card impacts you the round you get it but some other cards are more annoying
Anyway for the last round, you will choose which cards to use, so getting one void card is not so messy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nabla wrote:
Yes : the rules say : you must apply all consequences every time you play or discard it, except the discard card symbol which is "a one time consequence "

So the consequences apply even if the card is discarded after taking a void ticket, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get a void ticket during the auction, you immediately have to discard one card. If you discard a card with a consequence, you have to apply it yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Thomasson
United Kingdom
Near Tring
flag msg tools
badge
Good boy, Braetach!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another point that may confuse people on Consequences is that on page 3, it says you must apply the Consequence before performing an action from an Action Icon, while on page 10 it says you must apply the Consequence whether you play or discard the card. I have worked on the basis that the latter is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Lastri
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmb
nabla wrote:
The Void cards have :
- the reminder rule to discard one card when you get it from the auction .
It is not a consequence or you can see it as a "local" consequence
- a possible consequence which must be applied always

Because of this difference wouldn't have been better to distinguish this effect?

The "discard a card" symbol is not a real consequence.
It's confusing to have a symbol that doesn't apply like a consequence in the same place of the consequences and with the same format.

Maybe changing the position of that symbol, like the upper right corner, could improve the usability?

Obviously Imho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the void card one hasn't really a consequence like the others.
Consequences are like "pay 3$" and "increase 1 stress", they are activated each time you play or discard the card with them.
The void "discard 1 card" happens when you get the card after the auction (and not when you play or discard the card) and so only 1 time in all the game. Probablly it would have been better to differentiate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the most confusing things I've ever seen in a game.
There is an icon on the void card. It is clearly a consequence icon, it looks like a consequence icon, and it is in the exact place as a consequence icon, but it is in fact, not a consequence icon, it is just a reminder???

Suffice it to say that this is extremely confusing and makes the game very hard to teach to people. A shame this wasn't spotted and changed during play testing.

I think I will take a marker pen to the cards and mark it somehow to help people know that it isn't actually what it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you don't have the money to pay a consequence - take a Stress instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use/discard a card if you can't pay the consequence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Can you use/discard a card if you can't pay the consequence?

My understanding (pg. 10 of the rules) is that a non-Void card with a consequence resolves that consequence each time the card is either played or discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:

I would assume you may not play or discard the card until you can pay the consequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Steve Carey wrote:

I would assume you may not play or discard the card until you can pay the consequence.

You cannot play the card if you cannot pay the consequence.

As a side note :it is also nice to play with the variant : Increase your stress +1 if you cannot pay the consequence on the easier side of the player stress track only. I am sure it is a nightmare on the other side, particularly if you don't have many residences AND not the right development card with =

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.