Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Venczel
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi!
I am posting this to make sure i understand the flow of the game and the order of things happening. The situation: Nick was started this first encounter with a search mission to find some supply and a company in a rural area. The first few turns was not much happening, not even a single Zombie was come into sight. So Nick was literally alone on the board - but still i was rolled the activation dice in case any doubles are coming up. He was searched a few houses and find some weapons and a Supply A crate. Don't wanted to leave behind anything so he is basically now over his limit, only 1D6 for fast move. He was searched (i was used the searched counters from the 1 st edition) the house in F11,where he was deftly killed a single zombie (the shot was not generated any new zeds) then in the next activation moved over to the house H11 where he stumbled upon no less than 3 other survivors! I was draw 3 unused characters, plus a weapon and an item for each of them. It is a 1 hex building so they were placed outside the house in random directions to adjacent hexes to Nick. Literally surrounded him. Unfortunately hell break loose after that. Nick was rolled a 3 in the FoF test, they rolled 6 + 3. They probably thinking Nick is a ganger on a raid, and they was shoot first then ask questions.. So the In Sight Test.. Nick scored 0 success,(-1 Dice because he was moved) they scored 2, (+ 1 dice because they were alerted by the previous shot which killed the Zed) means they was open fire on Nick. First Jimmy because he is REP4,he has an AR and rolled 3 fire dice , and missed all plus rolled 2 x 1 = out of Ammo. The 3 shots not generated any zombies. I just used a shot markers from the 1 st ed. to keep track on things. Next was either Bank or Marc since both have REP 3. Random roll said it is Bank. He opened up with his shotgun, 6 fire dice, counted only the 3 highest and scored 3 hits! Fortunately the damage rolls was all Duck back. 6 shot generated 1 Zed, placed on the direction of 4 , 6 hexes away from Bank, into G7. Since the Zombie has a LOS to Marc, immediately went into Frenzy and flipped over.. Finally Marc was shot with his AR 3 fire dice , all misses. The 3 shots not generated any zeds. Finally it comes the reaction test from Nick who came under fire. Since he already have to Duck back and he is a star he choose the Duck back result anyway under the outgunned column. So he is ducking back into the building from where he just came out. Now he is in cover and concealed. Basically as you can describe it , he was just stepped out of the door when a hail of bullets was greeted him. Some was hit his bulletproof vest and pushed him back into the building. As he was hit the ground he kicked into the door to slam it. Now exactly this is where i was stucked a bit. In the next activation Nick either can stay put and wait maybe they coming in , or go out and risk another In Sigh test.. or what? Can he example shoot through the window? So please let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't the other survivors be the ones inside the building and Nick outside and not the other way around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
You're correct. Nick is entering the house so is outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Fairlight wrote:

Hi!
Here goes.
I am posting this to make sure i understand the flow of the game and the order of things happening. The situation: Nick was started this first encounter with a search mission to find some supply and a company in a rural area. The first few turns was not much happening, not even a single Zombie was come into sight. So Nick was literally alone on the board - but still i was rolled the activation dice in case any doubles are coming up. He was searched a few houses and find some weapons and a Supply A crate. Don't wanted to leave behind anything so he is basically now over his limit, only 1D6 for fast move. He was searched (i was used the searched counters from the 1 st edition) the house in F11,where he was deftly killed a single zombie (the shot was not generated any new zeds) then in the next activation moved over to the house H11 where he stumbled upon no less than 3 other survivors!
If he is entering the house, he is outside and the survivors are inside.

I was draw 3 unused characters, plus a weapon and an item for each of them. It is a 1 hex building so they were placed outside the house in random directions to adjacent hexes to Nick. No, two are placed inside and one in an adjacent hex but still in the group.Literally surrounded him. Unfortunately hell break loose after that. Nick was rolled a 3 in the FoF test, they rolled 6 + 3. They probably thinking Nick is a ganger on a raid, and they was shoot first then ask questions.. So the In Sight Test.. Nick scored 0 success,(-1 Dice because he was moved) they scored 2, (+ 1 dice because they were alerted by the previous shot which killed the Zed) means they was open fire on Nick. First Jimmy because he is REP4,he has an AR and rolled 3 fire dice , and missed all plus rolled 2 x 1 = out of Ammo. The 3 shots not generated any zombies.Must be playing in a Rural area :) I just used a shot markers from the 1 st ed. to keep track on things. No need to. Just resolve the zeds as you shoot.Next was either Bank or Marc since both have REP 3. Random roll said it is Bank. Don't roll for the order of shooting as all shooting is resolved at the same time then reaction tests taken. The only thing you do is declare who is shooting at who before you start to shoot.He opened up with his shotgun, 6 fire dice, counted only the 3 highest and scored 3 hits! Fortunately the damage rolls was all Duck back. 6 shot generated 1 Zed, placed on the direction of 4 , 6 hexes away from Bank, into G7. Since the Zombie has a LOS to Marc, immediately went into Frenzy and flipped over.. But he doesn't do anything until active.Finally Marc was shot with his AR 3 fire dice , all misses. The 3 shots not generated any zeds. Finally it comes the reaction test from Nick who came under fire. Since he already have to Duck back and he is a star he choose the Duck back result anyway under the outgunned column. So he is ducking back into the building from where he just came out.As mentioned, he would not be in the building. Let's assume he found cover outside the building. Now he is in cover and concealed. Basically as you can describe it , he was just stepped out of the door when a hail of bullets was greeted him. Some was hit his bulletproof vest and pushed him back into the building. As he was hit the ground he kicked into the door to slam it. Now exactly this is where i was stucked a bit. In the next activation Nick either can stay put and wait maybe they coming in , or go out and risk another In Sigh test.. or what? Assuming he's in cover and cannot be seen. The NPCs will use the NPC Movement Table to see what they do. They count as being confronted so will fire if you pop back into sight.Can he example shoot through the window? Firing through a window or from any cover is fine, but you still have to take an In Sight. Now Nick could decide to leave and move away from the NPCs, no longer in sight or in range and the NPCs would use the NP Movement Table, but count as Not Confronted by the Enemy. They would move away so just take them off. Hope this helps.So please let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Venczel
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You very much! This was a tremendous help, clarified a bug chunk of my confusion :-) If i understand it righ, one of the survivor should have been placed outside of the building, the other 2 is in the building. This part is still confusing. The rulebook says: "If in a 1 hex building, place the entering humans outside of the building" this i was certanly misread. But still confused with your answer:, "two are placed inside and one in an adjacent hex but still in the group"
A bit off topic. Thanks to ATZ i was discovered Nuts! I really love the idea to use this system in a WW2 environment. Then i got a second thought, what if i using the Nuts! system together with Ambush? The counters are perfect, maps are perfect - 8 man squad. I think even the paragraph booklet will be usable with the scenarios. I will def, give it a shot :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Fairlight wrote:
Thank You very much! The rulebook says: "If in a 1 hex building, place the entering humans outside of the building" this i was certanly misread. But still confused with your answer:, "two are placed inside and one in an adjacent hex but still in the group" You have met a group of survivor NPCs. They are in the same group. But only 2 humans and occupy the same hex so only two are inside. As all three are in the same group, the 3rd guy is placed i na an adjacent hex to qualify as part of the group.
A bit off topic. Thanks to ATZ i was discovered Nuts! I really love the idea to use this system in a WW2 environment. Then i got a second thought, what if i using the Nuts! system together with Ambush? The counters are perfect, maps are perfect - 8 man squad. I think even the paragraph booklet will be usable with the scenarios. I will def, give it a shot :-) I never played Ambush but have heard good things about it. Hope it works out for you. You should join the THW Forum too as there is lots of info and free things on there for all THW rules.You can use ATZ mini rules with the board game as well.

http://site.twohourwargames.com/forum/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Venczel
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You very much Ed! In the meantime it was clicked, obviously the stacking limit
For your info, Nick was successfully finished the first encounter, he was find some supplies, and recrouted Too Tall, who was decided to stay with him
after they was in safe distance from the small village. I def. join to the forum on THW, i bought some stuff already. The western version i really like, i will remove the dust from my old Gunslinger game, and use the counters and the boards :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Glad I could help.
Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.