England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
For a promo card this seems to be doing zero promotion. No retailers seem to know anything about it and even Stronghold fail to mention it in their updates.

Anyone care to shed some more light on this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
For a promo card this seems to be doing zero promotion. No retailers seem to know anything about it and even Stronghold fail to mention it in their updates.

I believe retailers had to order the kit along with a minimum of six copies of the game on order to receive it. None of my FLGSs were willing to do this or had planned to on their own in my area as well so it looks like we're out of luck unless someone will sell theirs separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

I believe retailers had to order the kit along with a minimum of six copies of the game on order to receive it. None of my FLGSs were willing to do this or had planned to on their own in my area as well so it looks like we're out of luck unless someone will sell theirs separately.

A pity they didn't believe more in the game. The card was designed to increase interest in the game (hence the asteroid used to increase temperature). 'Only' 400 stores preordered this, claiming all of Stronghold's copies of the promo I believe. So it's doing its job as best as can be expected, those stores having extra copes to hand out to interested customers, hopefully bringing them nearer to buying the game.

On BGG, however, where this discussion is taking place, many complain about not being able to get the promo. Well, the promo wasn't meant primarily for you. It is a very ordinary card that will not bring new things to the game; there is already an Asteroid card in the game that does almost the same thing, and several others that are similar as well. Not getting the promo should only be a concern to collectors, not to gamers.
And collectors should be able to get it through trades and such. Anyone getting duplicates should be willing to trade since all cards in the game are unique anyway.

I hope this answers your concerns.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonnie Doiron
Canada
London
Ontario (ON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a kit for early promotion in stores. They would get the game on the 13th instead of the 28th like other stores along with a demo copy and five copies of the game for sale. The idea was to hype it before regular wide release.

My FLGS had it but instead of running incentives or demos for people to obtain the card they simply attached three to each box and sold them with the promo attached. Which was fine by me as I hadn't even realized they got the kit in and snagged the last one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve perkins
United Kingdom
Telford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

A pity they didn't believe more in the game. The card was designed to increase interest in the game (hence the asteroid used to increase temperature). 'Only' 400 stores preordered this, claiming all of Stronghold's copies of the promo I believe. So it's doing its job as best as can be expected, those stores having extra copes to hand out to interested customers, hopefully bringing them nearer to buying the game.

On BGG, however, where this discussion is taking place, many complain about not being able to get the promo. Well, the promo wasn't meant primarily for you. It is a very ordinary card that will not bring new things to the game; there is already an Asteroid card in the game that does almost the same thing, and several others that are similar as well. Not getting the promo should only be a concern to collectors, not to gamers.
And collectors should be able to get it through trades and such. Anyone getting duplicates should be willing to trade since all cards in the game are unique anyway.

Cheers!

How many promo cards should come with the launch kit? and how many promo cards should be issued with each game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steve perkins wrote:
Fryxen wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Cheers!

How many promo cards should come with the launch kit? and how many promo cards should be issued with each game?

I received a copy from Games Lore today with 4 copies in the box with the polystyrene packing. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Is the promo a single card to be added to the deck, or is it more like a 'playset'? If the latter, how many cards in a set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Is the promo a single card to be added to the deck, or is it more like a 'playset'? If the latter, how many cards in a set?

It's a single card that is fairly ordinary and will make very little game play difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve perkins
United Kingdom
Telford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
grandslam wrote:

It's a single card that is fairly ordinary and will make very little game play difference.

Dave, did you need the 4 copies, or would 1 have been sufficient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steve perkins wrote:
DaveD wrote:
grandslam wrote:

Dave, did you need the 4 copies, or would 1 have been sufficient?

1 would have been sufficient, that's what I put in the deck when we played last night. Very enjoyable game.

Thanks for them by the way, I wasn't expecting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve perkins
United Kingdom
Telford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave,

We received enough promos for 4 copies per game. So having not played it, we thought it might be require the 4 copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was out of town and came across a FLGS that had the promos. They had one taped to each copy, plus extras. Glad I asked!

They even offered multiple copies, but I only took one because I assume people that want/need one will have a better chance of getting it from the store, than from me.

Happy to have it, since I did buy the game from my own FLGS and they did not have the promo. I didn't know about it when I bought the game, but the completionist in me wanted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.