8 Posts

Trickerion: Legends of Illusion» Forums » Rules

Subject: order of the character slot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Japan
flag msg tools
Hello.

When I place a character to the character slot, is the understanding of which following A/B rule right?

a)
It must be put in the order by + 2AP slot
The front. +2, +1, +1 (0 order).

b)
If you are free, but are put from somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure to understand your question.

When you have to place a character, you can place him anywhere you want as long as the spot is free. You don't necessary have to put him on the +2AP if you don't want to.

You can also chose not to place the character anywhere and finally make him rest, thus you won't have to pay his wage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters can be placed in any of the available action slots, you do not have to place them in order from left to right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
flag msg tools
Thank you for a reply.

I thought it to be an important rule in the following situation.

- Prophecy "You have to pay 3 Coins to use the +2 Action Point Slots at the Downtown, Market Row and Dark Alley."
- Magician Power "Hired Cutpurses"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a prophecy that says you have to place your character at the lowest available spot, but other than that, my interpretation is that you are free to use whichever slot you want (or not move at all of course, but that's already explicitly written in the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barring one of these mitigating circumstances though, I can't think of a reason I'd ever want to leave extra actions on the table for opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
I think there's a prophecy that says you have to place your character at the lowest available spot, but other than that, my interpretation is that you are free to use whichever slot you want (or not move at all of course, but that's already explicitly written in the rules).

Any thoughts as to whether the "lowest available spot" applies to the Theatre action spots, i.e. the first placement has to choose "-1" in the "+1 / 0 / 0 / -1" spots? Or is the Theatre spot an exception since it doesn't match the "+2 / +1 / +1 / 0" on the Prophecy Token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that prophecy can apply to the theatre because it's not just the numbers that apply - i.e. you don't just get the -1/0/0/+1 effect, it also affects the order in which you choose your performance card. In other words, the prophecy is meant to change the round such that the first player(s) in each spot get the minimum benefit, but that can't be applied to the theatre, because there is no minimum benefit - just an alternate choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.