Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people have asked us about being able to upgrade their older edition of Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island to the new edition. We promised that we would offer the wooden components for upgrade, but that’s not all!

This kit will be available directly from us for $20 usd in our webstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Will the new rule book fit in the old box?

Edit:rephrased to sound more polite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so it's basically just the stuff that was in the Portal online store for years now and vanished at some point? Except for the rulebook I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for thinking of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have the promo stuff, but a printed new rule book (upgrade kit light) would be interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is brilliant, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!! Perhaps I'll finally purchase all of the other items to fully expand my game as well! Looking forward to the release of this kit! Is that a December release with the new edition of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Will we be able to get the cards as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
Many people have asked us about being able to upgrade their older edition of Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island to the new edition. We promised that we would offer the wooden components for upgrade, but that’s not all!

This kit will be available directly from us for $20 usd in our webstore.

Hmm. I already have the bits, the stickers and the King Kong scenario, all purchased from Portal last year.

I'll just print the new rulebook off, maybe at Kinkos.

Thanks for the offering though. I'm sure it will be great for a lot of 1st edition owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the one hand, it's great that i know portal will always support us owners of previous editions. I'd jump on this, but in this case, i want the cards, and this is halfway to the price of buying it from an online retailer. So, I'm just doing that, instead. I dont know which earns more money for portal games, but i think i wouldn't mind having 2 copies of this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want the updated cards as I already have all the other upgrades.
Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many others, I also have everything except the rulebook. Was actually more looking forward to the new corrected cards and discovery tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
If at all possible I would like a printed manual and the new cards because to me that is the most important upgrade the new edition brings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Due to my ignorance, you guys have me confused about "updated cards". If I have the Z-Man version of the game purchased about 18 months ago, do I need "updated" cards?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Due to my ignorance, you guys have me confused about "updated cards". If I have the Z-Man version of the game purchased about 18 months ago, do I need "updated" cards?

Thx!

No, you don't technically need anything. Updated cards provide clarification on things. I'd just rather support portal games in publishing vs z-man, so that's why I'm just rebuying the whole thing. Also, it's much cheaper than z-man's original version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rokkon wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Thx!

No, you don't technically need anything. Updated cards provide clarification on things. I'd just rather support portal games in publishing vs z-man, so that's why I'm just rebuying the whole thing. Also, it's much cheaper than z-man's original version...

Thx for the reply. But let me rephrase my question, as I don't need half of my game collection, nor most of the extra components I buy, but I still like to have them!

Rephrased question: Do the Z-Man version cards suffer from the lack of clarity or mistakes which the new Portal edition cards are going to fix?

I ask only because after playing my Z-man version a few times now, I don't recall any errors or confusing text on the cards. But my life was really hectic at that time so I probably simply didn't notice or don't remember noticing.

Regardless, I'm in for the new upgrade kit (all of it), but if the new cards should also be part of the kit - no matter which version we have - then I'll join the bandwagon in asking for Portal to add the deck of new cards to the kit, as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
For an extra $20 you can also get the upgraded card set too whistle

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pogrc4e.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:
rokkon wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Thx!

Thx for the reply. But let me rephrase my question, as I don't need half of my game collection, nor most of the extra components I buy, but I still like to have them!

Rephrased question: Do the Z-Man version cards suffer from the lack of clarity or mistakes which the new Portal edition cards are going to fix?

I ask only because after playing my Z-man version a few times now, I don't recall any errors or confusing text on the cards. But my life was really hectic at that time so I probably simply didn't notice or don't remember noticing.

Regardless, I'm in for the new upgrade kit (all of it), but if the new cards should also be part of the kit - no matter which version we have - then I'll join the bandwagon in asking for Portal to add the deck of new cards to the kit, as well!

Over 400 changes were made to the cards, so I think you can safely say the new cards are needed or they would not have made that many corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
For an extra $20 you can also get the upgraded card set too whistle

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pogrc4e.html

I see what you did there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:
rokkon wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Thx!

Over 400 changes were made to the cards, so I think you can safely say the new cards are needed or they would not have made that many corrections.

The "400 changes" are relative to the original Portal English edition, which had horrible English all over the place. Much of this was fixed in the Z-Man edition. Until someone has a copy of the new edition in their hands, it's going to be really hard to say just how improved the new version is over Z-Man's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

runtsta wrote:
Much of this was fixed in the Z-Man edition.

OK, that's what I was looking for.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!

For not only offering the revised rulebook but also the fancy wooden components!

Although I would have preferred the new discovery tokens rather than the new scenario as I can print that out myself easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
An exclusive PDF of the new discovery tokens for those with proof of purchase of a previous version would be peachy.

Does the existance of the upgrade kit mean that there won't be a non-blurry version of the new rules available for free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
An exclusive PDF of the new discovery tokens for those with proof of purchase of a previous version would be peachy.

or you could use these Discovery cards instead, which I prefer over the tokens:

Discovery cards (to replace the Discovery tokens)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.