Subject: Most annoying cards in Legendary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any cards that when they show up they ruin your day? I do have several of those in mind...

1. Spiderman (in The Mighty adversary group) - he is even more annoying than the Spiderman from the Spider-Friends adversary group! He has 2 Uru-Enchanted weapons, but with his starting 2 attack points he is not that difficult to beat. The problem, however, is that you will never want to attack him, since his fight effect will play all cards worth 2 VP or less. Unless you want to flood the city with henchmen or to have some nasty master strikes/ scheme twists activated, you will stay away from this little pest.

2. Iron-Spider (from the Superhuman Registration Act villain group) - once again, Spidey proves that he is one annoying brat. Drawing 5 cards instead of 6 each turn he fortifies your deck is not fun, and the worst thing is that most of the time he will keep going back and forth from one player's deck to another's.

3. Mr. Immortal (from the Great Lakes Avengers villain group) - with just 2 attack, he does not seem too tough. However, given that he will re-enter the city whenever the first card of the villain deck is a villain or a bystander, you will keep attacking him. Personal record: 6 times I've attacked him, and he kept coming back. 2 turns after I managed to defeat him, the 2nd Mr Immortal entered the city. Talk about getting annoyed!

4. The Leader (from the Radiation villain group) - I thought about putting Endless Army of Hydra here, but you can choose not to fight that card. Instead, the Leader has an Ambush effect that makes you play the top card of the villain deck. If you are unlucky, this one effect can make you lose the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Iron Spider.

And I'll add Death from the Four Horsemen. I hate that guy.

Also Agent Gabe Jones is a minor annoyance. "Oh that was easy I cleared a city space, oh no you didn't..."

Finally, I'm not sure if we're allowed Masterminds, but I always groan inside when Shiklah shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterminds are allowed too! schemes also...Such as Smash two dimensions together zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McKeehan
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endless Armies of Hydra: we usually don't even bother to attack them. "Here, let me clear this city space and fill it and another one..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alter Falter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going with Nick Fury from the Villains Base Set (because i only own that one plus two mini expansions so far). His "demolish" Masterstrike wrecks us everytime along with his fellow Avengers villain group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Nick Fury's 5th master strike is horrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGorman
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Masterminds are allowed too! schemes also...Such as Smash two dimensions together zombie

my first solo play was vs this (randomised) and I had agent venom who has a ton of patrol, now patrolling spaces that dont exist :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Apocalypse with his endless " if it's not the last mastercard shuffle it back" power. We just don't play with that, it can really make the game an infinite loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
Apocalypse with his endless " if it's not the last mastercard shuffle it back" power. We just don't play with that, it can really make the game an infinite loop.

Well, he's immortal. So yeah...

In my opinion the most annoying card is the Scheme Fountains of Eternal Life. If you don't finish the game quickly enough, it will actually turn into an infinite loop. The best you can do is eventually end up in a draw by depleting your Hero deck. Smash Two Dimensions Together sucks, too. So does The Unbreakable Enigma Code.

As for Villains, one of the more annoying to fight that hasn't been mentioned yet is Zero. He's a cakewalk if he comes up early, but if he pops up mid- to late-game it can be hard having 3 starter cards in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inb4 "Nul Smash"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
In my opinion the most annoying card is the Scheme Fountains of Eternal Life. If you don't finish the game quickly enough, it will actually turn into an infinite loop. The best you can do is eventually end up in a draw by depleting your Hero deck.

Agreed, this scheme is super-annoying, but it wouldn't normally create an infinite loop, that should only happen if you've somehow KO'd some Villains so that there's not enough left to fill the city and have enough left to escape and trigger the evil wins condition. Once there's only Scheme Twists left in the Villain deck you can't defeat anything as all Villains and Masterminds have Fateful Resurrection. The scheme twists will keep playing villains from your victory pile until enough escape that you meet the evil wins condition. It can mean you're in a position of inevitable defeat a few turns before losing (at which point your only hope is a draw by virtue of emptying the Hero deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King Hyperion.

I don't want you in the city but I do want the awesome goodies on your tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
inb4 "Nul Smash"

Seconded.

Along with Ronan the Accuser...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I don't find Smash Two Dimensions Together to be too bad.

Has anyone ever beaten Fragmented Realities? I gave up after three or four tries.

Mickey Stirrups wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
inb4 "Nul Smash"

Seconded.

Along with Ronan the Accuser...shake

It doesn't actually bother me. I just knew it was coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to leave this here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

3. Mr. Immortal (from the Great Lakes Avengers villain group) - with just 2 attack, he does not seem too tough. However, given that he will re-enter the city whenever the first card of the villain deck is a villain or a bystander, you will keep attacking him. Personal record: 6 times I've attacked him, and he kept coming back. 2 turns after I managed to defeat him, the 2nd Mr Immortal entered the city. Talk about getting annoyed!

He can definitely be annoying, but he can also be fun!

Any hero you've played where it says "when you defeat a villain, rescue a bystander."

You have 10 fight? 5 bystanders coming your way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:
In my opinion the most annoying card is the Scheme Fountains of Eternal Life. If you don't finish the game quickly enough, it will actually turn into an infinite loop. The best you can do is eventually end up in a draw by depleting your Hero deck.

Agreed, this scheme is super-annoying, but it wouldn't normally create an infinite loop, that should only happen if you've somehow KO'd some Villains so that there's not enough left to fill the city and have enough left to escape and trigger the evil wins condition. Once there's only Scheme Twists left in the Villain deck you can't defeat anything as all Villains and Masterminds have Fateful Resurrection. The scheme twists will keep playing villains from your victory pile until enough escape that you meet the evil wins condition. It can mean you're in a position of inevitable defeat a few turns before losing (at which point your only hope is a draw by virtue of emptying the Hero deck).

Yeah, you're right. The last time I played that Scheme I used Ghost Rider and was KOing Villains from my victory pile like mad. The idea worked until I hit the infinite loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Has anyone ever beaten Fragmented Realities? I gave up after three or four tries.

Once. I deliberately set things up to give myself the best possible chance though. I usually lose in five turns. Set-up was (Advanced Solo) vs Red Skull with Skrulls, Marauders (or was it MLF?) and sentinels. Heroes were Cyclops, Colossus and Elektra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with Marvel Zombies and the Ghost Riders had me like:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Playing with Marvel Zombies and the Ghost Riders had me like:

AGREED angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:

What's wrong with that card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's right with it?

Even the picture makes no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
jhochges wrote:

What's wrong with that card?

Shhhhh! shake Just go back and look at the boards for Secret Wars 2. I believe there may have been 2,000 comments about this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schemes:
Organized Crime Wave
Smash Two Dimensions Together

Villains:
Death – I agree with Michael Green!

Mastermind Tactics:
Immortal and Undefeated – Itai, am I right?

The latter is the all-time most annoying card in Legendary.

I actually don't find Endless Armies of Hydra or The Leader to be too annoying unless the city is full and they cause something to escape. When I play solo, I actually like seeing those cards because it gets villains into the city faster which helps with my points per turn statistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

2. Iron-Spider (from the Superhuman Registration Act villain group) - once again, Spidey proves that he is one annoying brat. Drawing 5 cards instead of 6 each turn he fortifies your deck is not fun, and the worst thing is that most of the time he will keep going back and forth from one player's deck to another's.

This is one of my favorite cards EVER. Love the effect and how it thematically fits well. I'm hoping for more creativity like this in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.