Exceed: Red Horizon – Reese & Heidi vs. Vincent & Nehtali» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conditions for gaining Gauge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook, it states that your attack will go in your Gauge if you hit, even if you didn't stun the opponent.

My question is regarding attacks that hit, but do 0 damage (because the opponent had enough Armor to absorb it all).

First part of the rules makes it so that the 0 damage attack would go in the Gauge, while the second part makes it possible that the intention is that an attack has to do damage, whether it stuns or not.

I'm assuming the correct interpretation is the first one (if it hits, it doesn't matter if it does damage or not), the attack will go in the Gauge, but a confirmation would be appreciated.

Thank you! (and apologies if this has already been asked, I perused all 40 rules topics and didn't see this asked/answered)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first one is correct. You do not have to do any damage when you hit for the attack to go to the gauge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, last night I played Morathi against Zoey and landed his 15 damage Ultra that costs 8 gauge while they were on 3 life (I know it was overkill!. But my opponent had played Block and had enough force and gauge to reduce the damage to nothing. Even worse is they were in Exceed, so the cards spent from gauge went to her hand!

So I hit for 0 damage and put it into my gauge. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.