Subject: Unstable Potion during combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel J.
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question: between a round of combat can a player use the Unstable Potion to attempt to heal wounds?

We played it this way this afternoon and the result was the hero ended up dead anyways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doesn't the unstable potion state that it has to be used at the start of your turn (in something like the 'status phase')? In which case, you would have used it before combat commenced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
semba wrote:
Simple question: between a round of combat can a player use the Unstable Potion to attempt to heal wounds?

If you'll quote the card's text it will make answering easier. A quick google turns up an image of the card which says "You may discard the Potion at the start of your turn..." which means the answer is ostensibly "no," but i'm not sure what version of the game the picture is from, and yours might be worded differently.

semba wrote:
We played it this way this afternoon and the result was the hero ended up dead anyways

It's difficult to imagine any other outcome in this game .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel J.
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of your turn is a fair call. But if I was in a fight and knew I was going to die I'd drink it if I had it, so thematically it fits. Guess I'll just keep it as a house rule that you can - it's a desperate move anyways, and mixed in with the other house rules we like to use it's really neither here nor there.

And of course, all three of us were killed. Twice. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.