Subject: Dice Combat Nice & Simple - your thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel J.
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We absolutely detest the card combat system so...

1 dice each. Roll simultaneously for hero and monster. Higher score deals 1 damage to opponent. Equal dice on 1-5: deals 1 damage each. Six: deal 2 damage to opponent. Equal sixes: take 2 damage each. A 6 and a 1: deal 3 damage & (for hero only) gain 1 Determination token for kicking some serious ass!

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your game - I'm sure your variant will work fine.

But I love this game since the first English edition came out in '88 and that stone/scissors/paper combat resulation is one of the things that made that game great! I wouldn't play without it! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you! My wife and I hate the card combat too...

We like using the solo variant in the rule book for combat. Its fast, so combat is over in 15 seconds. And the character abilities apply to the rules easily.

Also The Dwarf has a special ability to gain a determination token when he wins, so if you make it so everyone gets a token, then it kind of nerfs him.

Anything that makes the game fun for you, keep at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer rock, paper, scissors myself (hero rock to monster scissors does 2 damage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel J.
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also The Dwarf has a special ability to gain a determination token when he wins, so if you make it so everyone gets a token, then it kind of nerfs him.

It's only on the very rare chance that a hero rolls a 6 and a monster rolls a 1 so not really much nerfing going on mate hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.