GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,841 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: printing physically large files rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LKM 2023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
There are so many great maps and files in the files sections but I am stymied when trying to print out a file that is meant for a 22" x 34" game map, for example.

How do people do this? If the file is one pdf, how would you break it into sections to print at actual size without printing out directly on a very large piece of paper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Posterazor is really helpful to break up large files into multiple pages. Otherwise, if you're using Adobe to view pdf files, you can select "print as poster" and several options will be available to modify the printing.

The first option afford far more control, however, so I recommend that first and foremost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LKM 2023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Annowme wrote:
Posterazor is really helpful to break up large files into multiple pages. Otherwise, if you're using Adobe to view pdf files, you can select "print as poster" and several options will be available to modify the printing.

The first option afford far more control, however, so I recommend that first and foremost.
Thank you!! This is exactly the information I needed about that program. Most appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Office Max and similar stores will make large format prints for a modest cost (roll paper, ala posters), typically ~$20-$30 for a larger game board/map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LKM2023 wrote:
There are so many great maps and files in the files sections but I am stymied when trying to print out a file that is meant for a 22" x 34" game map, for example.

How do people do this? If the file is one pdf, how would you break it into sections to print at actual size without printing out directly on a very large piece of paper?

Large format printer... either by purchasing your own after separating yourself from a nice $ amount OR take it to a print shop and have then do it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Office Max and similar stores will make large format prints for a modest cost (roll paper, ala posters), typically ~$20-$30 for a larger game board/map.

The UPS Store has worked for me in the past. You can do all but the pickup online, and cancel just before the end if you don't like the price. Pick your paper type, paper size, etc, even lamination IIRC. I liked the variety of options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Garside
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
I've been asked this LOADS lately. Put it on a memory stick and take it down to your local print shop (we have Prontaprint in the UK) and get them to print it on A3 or even A2.

Many of them can even print on 250 - 300gsm card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.