$35.00
Jordan Phoenix
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are Chaos, Dwarf, Wood Elf, Human, Orc, and Skaven teams at a disadvantage to teams from the two expansions as some of the expansion team's players get to use skills when downed.

Is this really an issue, and if so has anyone attempted to address it by adding downed skills to the core teams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
The following is a personal opinion:

The Undead are the strongest team in the game but most of the original teams are highly competitive. The Humans are probably the second/third strongest in the game and the Skaven, Wood Elves and Dwarfs are also competitive. The other two - Orcs and Chaos - are amongst the weakest but as Chaos are prone to swings of fortune sometimes they can be utterly dominant.

All of that said, any team can win as the meta also plays a role.

So, to answer your question: no, it's not an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on your play style I think. I personally think the Dwarves and Humans are garbage, as they seem sluggish to me, as are the Orcs. Chaos at least have strong players and plenty of cheat options.
I regularly win with the Skaven, as I like to push for Star Players and take risks on cheat tokens and cycle my deck like crazy.

Undead are a great team but they get ganged up on alot and rarely win tournaments in our games as everyone targets them.

Still haven't won a game with the Dark Elves, and I've played many games with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First-second-third place finishes per team:

Chaos: 4/5/3
Chaos Dwarves: 1/0/2
Dark Elves: 4/2/1
Dwarves: 3/2/7
Goblins: 1/1/1
Humans: 6/4/2
Nurgle: 1/1/1
Orcs: 3/6/3
Skaven: 4/5/3
Undead: 3/1/3
Vampires: 1/5/1
Wood Elves: 3/7/2

DElves and Humans kicking butt, Dwarves not surprisingly bringing up the rear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
All the teams are pretty close in rankings other than Undead who are better in almost every position.

Having downed skills tends to put players off competing against you and in that way they are quiet useful. Bashy teams like Orcs also suffer against teams that have downed skills as they neutralize their tackling advantages.Teams that lack sprint though suffer the most hence why I rank Orcs, Dwarves and Vampires so low down.

Tier 1
1 Undead (Good at everything, best big guy and ball handlers)

Tier 2
2 Wood Elves (sprint to victory)
3 Skaven (sprint to victory)
4 Chaos Dwarves (2nd best big guy, downed skills protect them from being matched up against)
5 Humans (if they can get there star player engine working they win, otherwise they loose)
6 Nurgle (Do well because no one whats to match up against them)
7 Goblins (Good fun and suprinsgly successful, 2 big guys)
8 Chaos (lack of sprint made up for with good tackling and cheating)

Tier 3
9 Dark Elves (jack of all trades, masters of none)
10 Orcs (good agains the original teams, but struggle against the rest)
11 Vampires (a few bad dice rolls can kill them, but good fun. No sprint)
12 Dwarves (no sprint and struggle against the new teams)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.