Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Interaction with map art? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hulting
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
After a kind of disappointing experience with Shadows of Brimstone a question arose. In the game mentioned the art on the map pieces doesn't really play a part in the actual playing of the game. Might as well have been just a grid. So my question is how much of the lovely illustrations's in Conan will be possible to interact with? Does anyone have any details or examples regarding this?

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
It depends on the scenarios but there are definitely some interactions with the maps' elements.
For example, on the Pict's village map, there is an area that can be climbed to give a shortcut to people with the climbing skill.
On other maps, it is possible to swim, depending on the scenarios.
Last example, some heroes and monsters can break through wooden walls (like most of the huts in the Pict village) to enter/escape quickier.

I remember reading about a scenario on the Ships map where you can actually use the balistas but I don't remember if it is a scenario included in the retail box or if it is a fanmade, not yet released scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Hopefully even the small things on the map will matter. That would increase the immersion alt more than many other games in the genre does. Yes I'm looking at you Descent and Brimstone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the zone-based layout flows naturally around landscape features, far more so than a grid-based system.

In the tavern map you can actually climb on the bar which is defined as its own zone, and you get an elevation bonus when throwing stuff at others from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Myers
United States
Spring Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard that there might be rules for improvised weapons, such as bashing someone with a stool or knocking over torch stands. Not sure if that comes through in the rule book, but I seem to recall statements like this in the Kickstarter comments (years ago, of course!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Bokrug wrote:
I had heard that there might be rules for improvised weapons, such as bashing someone with a stool or knocking over torch stands. Not sure if that comes through in the rule book, but I seem to recall statements like this in the Kickstarter comments (years ago, of course!)

Correct, there is a scenario where you can climb on tables for extra yellow dice and you can use each stool one time to bash someone on the head with +1 yellow die. With the 3D furniture it is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.