Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I have a question about the third green Assistant that let you perform an Assignment action of your choice spending 1 meeple (male or female according to what is depicted on the Assignment slot.

You can do an Assignment action which requires only 1 meeple.
But this meeple, should it come from your personal supply or from your general stock?

I am asking this because the icon pictured on the assistant slot resemble the one of the 2nd gray Assistant, which let you take 1 meeple (male or female of your choice) from your general Stock and place it in your personal supply.

This led me to think that with the 3rd green assistant you could do one Assignment action of your choice without spending a meeple from your Personal supply, then free of charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience that would be way too strong, it would give you the effect of that other helper, and then something else on top.
The reference sheet part of the rulebook doesn't explicitly say you spend it from your supply but I think that's because when you normally do an assignment you spend from your personal supply, so it's implied.
Also how would you spend a meeple from the general stock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played it as one free placement (and only 1) from your own supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mb
wallwaster wrote:
From my experience that would be way too strong, it would give you the effect of that other helper, and then something else on top.

Well, this helper costs more than the other.

wallwaster wrote:

It means you can do free of charge one of the Assignments that costs 1 helper. For example, advance 1 space on any track of your choice.

Well... I still have my doubts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mb
solanthos wrote:
We've always played it as one free placement (and only 1) from your own supply.

You mean you spend a man or woman meeple from your Personal supply and JUST one, in a way you could do another Assignment task from those you can chose using just one meeple?...

I still would like to know from the designer or from one of the testers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nd_1969 wrote:
wallwaster wrote:

Well, this helper costs more than the other.

Not that much more. IIRC only one more. In my experience this helper is really good to always use on the assignement that gives you +3 per meeple on the limit of sum of dice, so in essence every turn you can have 16 worth of dice by spending one meeple. That's otherwise the most used assignement anyway (and after this the ones in late game that allow you to place a guy/girl in the cities)

nd_1969 wrote:
wallwaster wrote:

It means you can do free of charge one of the Assignments that costs 1 helper. For example, advance 1 space on any track of your choice.

Yes because spending a meeple means putting it back to the general stock. So if you spend from the general stock it would really mean you're not spending. But then it would be weirdly redudant to say this in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. So you could do any of the ...3 ones once, or any that require just 1, but not any that require 2. It still comes from your personal supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solanthos wrote:
Correct. So you could do any of the ...3 ones once, or any that require just 1, but not any that require 2. It still comes from your personal supply.

Yes that is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.