Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Another Hobby Lobby/Broken Token Box Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobby Lobby is having a 40% one item thing going on (check their website) and so, since I just added two more expansions, I think the time has come to get the case and the broken token insert.

My question is: Did any of you buy more broken token dividers, or did you make your dividers from something on BGG? I know there are some great options out there, but I want to know how you did it, and if I do need to pick up more dividers from Broken Token.

Any input is appreciated!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up. The Hobby Lobby 40% off one item thing is always happening. That coupon never goes away.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
Just a heads up. The Hobby Lobby 40% off one item thing is always happening. That coupon never goes away.


LOL! That is good to know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I just recently discovered that, if you take the top pull down compartment out, two of the big box expansion boxes fit into the Artist Box perfectly. So, you could maybe save $20+ on the insert if you wanted.

Just fyi.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a link for the best case available for the full set?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JBirdman wrote:
Also, I just recently discovered that, if you take the top pull down compartment out, two of the big box expansion boxes fit into the Artist Box perfectly. So, you could maybe save $20+ on the insert if you wanted.

Just fyi.


Actually placing the game boxes, with the cards inside of it, into the artists case? Thats amazing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
JBirdman wrote:
Also, I just recently discovered that, if you take the top pull down compartment out, two of the big box expansion boxes fit into the Artist Box perfectly. So, you could maybe save $20+ on the insert if you wanted.

Just fyi.


Actually placing the game boxes, with the cards inside of it, into the artists case? Thats amazing.


Yup, it's what I do. You have an automatic perfectly sized four-row insert that is, essentially, free.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
JBirdman wrote:
Also, I just recently discovered that, if you take the top pull down compartment out, two of the big box expansion boxes fit into the Artist Box perfectly. So, you could maybe save $20+ on the insert if you wanted.

Just fyi.


Actually placing the game boxes, with the cards inside of it, into the artists case? Thats amazing.


Yup, it's what I do. You have an automatic perfectly sized four-row insert that is, essentially, free.


The inserts are the only reason I hadnt pulled the trigger on this damn artists case yet. I will have mine today, no doubt.

THANK YOU!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is this the case?

BTW: I'm betting the whole game doesn't fit in just one, right? :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Is this the case?

BTW: I'm betting the whole game doesn't fit in just one, right? :/


Yeah, thats the case. And I believe I have been told that all of the game and expansions will just barely fit. (this does not include Villains and Fear Itself, I believe)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends on sleeve thickness. If you don't sleeve, you can absolutely get everything (so far) in one case.

I have my stuff split up between my Hobby Lobby case and my base set box (w/ Broken Token insert). Hero cards go in the Hobby Lobby case, Villain stuff and setup cards (Wounds, SHIELD cards, Twists, Strikes, Schemes, etc.) goes in the base set box. I have plenty of room in each case for several more expansions. One of the rows of the Hobby Lobby case is taken up with my rolled up playmat.

Also, Jerome, make sure you unscrew the little top compartment and remove it (just a couple small Phillips head screws). If that compartment isn't removed, the big box expansion boxes won't fit height-wise.

The bonus of the compartment being in there is that you have a great little spot to put the game board and all of the rulebooks. I printed a custom playmat that I roll up though, so I no longer need the original game board and just lay the rule sheets and stuff on top of the cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything except Civil War in one case, but adding Civil War will definitely force me to come up with something else. This game is already really freakin' heavy to move around and I'm not getting any younger.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I have everything except Civil War in one case, but adding Civil War will definitely force me to come up with something else. This game is already really freakin' heavy to move around and I'm not getting any younger.


You have villains in there, too?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deeds
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the hobby lobby box with the broken token vertical card insert and I've managed to get all the cards from every set to include the villains core and exp in there. All the cards are sleeved in penny sleeves and I made laminated dividers as well. With that being said, the box is heavy as all hell and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to reinforce the handle at some point and after adding the deadpool exp I'm either going to need a second box or come up with another solution to hold everything. Bottom line though depending on what sleeves you use, if you choose to do that, you can get everything in one box if you use the 5 row vertical insert from broken token.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you could give a best guess of the total weight? Or maybe throw it on a scale? Inquiring minds want to know!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.