Hide
5 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: How big is an 'epic-sized' board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Struda
msg tools
The blurb for the game mentions an 'epic-sized' game board, but I haven't been able to find out what that means in terms of actual size. The PDF rulebook doesn't give board dimensions and a search of the BGG forums doesn't bring it up (as far as I can see) either.

I'm think of getting the game, but I'm not very well endowed in the table department, so it would be useful to know the board size either in cm/inches or by comparison (eg is it the same size as the Arkham Horror board). Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have an exact measurement right off hand but here's a video comparison of the regular Pandemic board with the Legacy board.

https://youtu.be/gTNRPmUdcw8?t=11m29s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I've just measured, and it looks like it was designed by Americans: 30" by 19"; an irregular number of cm. (-8

I'd say you then wanted at least 6" around that on all four sides to hold players' cards and various other game components, plus somewhere close to hand for the opened box (15" by 11") so you can get at other stuff when needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more example of the dilution of the meaning of "epic". Thanks Obama!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

An Epic sized board is slightly larger than Awesome size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.