Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be the size of the bit BG box, more or less??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed! I bought everything last time with a Duelist Deluxe pledge, so just the $40 tier for me this time. But I'll bump my contribution up as soon as that $250,000 box is unlocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will admit, while I would love to get there, I am pretty skeptical we will get to 250k. War remastered barely got there, and that campaign had a lot of additional content in additional to War (Fate, L&S, Armory, etc.). Here there isn't much besides Trials for people who have the rest of the game. On top of that, I expect many people who picked up War or Devastation may pass on this unless they are super into the game. I am sure Brad has set the goal at where he needs it to be, but I am not getting my hopes up too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will wait a little longer, because 1) if i pledge now, i will have to pay now, if i pledge min a couple weeks, i can pay a bit later; and 2) because i wanna see if we will get the big box after all.

Both because since i have to pledge on the store, i don't know if i will be able to just adjust the pledge later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame the wording on the Styles and Bases of Trial will not be consistent with other editions of BattleCon. The change from "Move" to "Shift" doesn't make much sense to me, and with how difficult the game can be to pick up and learn, it only makes it more confusing for a new player to see the same effect worded in two different ways.

For that reason, I doubt I'll be picking up this game, even though some of the characters in Trials are among the most interesting in the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sillywalks25 wrote:
It's a shame the wording on the Styles and Bases of Trial will not be consistent with other editions of BattleCon. The change from "Move" to "Shift" doesn't make much sense to me, and with how difficult the game can be to pick up and learn, it only makes it more confusing for a new player to see the same effect worded in two different ways.

For that reason, I doubt I'll be picking up this game, even though some of the characters in Trials are among the most interesting in the series.

Where are you seeing this?

Edit: I see it now. That's an...odd decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
sillywalks25 wrote:

It's in a sample image on the Kickstarter page.

Yeah, that definitely feels like an unnecessary change. I'm not sure how shift would be in any way less confusing than move, but what do I know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
sillywalks25 wrote:

It's in a sample image on the Kickstarter page.

Yeah, that definitely feels like an unnecessary change. I'm not sure how shift would be in any way less confusing than move, but what do I know?

Because now "movement effects" became a category. Before, when some card effects mentioned "movement effects" some people didn't include "advance" and "retreat". only move. Now "movement" is a category that includes shift, advance, retreat, and possibly close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take out the new bases? I know I really am not into the idea of putting bases with the characters to begin with. It adds unnecessary cards to an already huge game, and it doesn't really fit with the alternate bases that are available either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Nick,

Yeah same here, that collector box would be awesome for the old stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
Because now "movement effects" became a category. Before, when some card effects mentioned "movement effects" some people didn't include "advance" and "retreat". only move. Now "movement" is a category that includes shift, advance, retreat, and possibly close.

The fact that you don't know if close is included makes me doubt the necessity of this change. A simple glossary at the back of the rule book defining what "Movement effects" are (move,retreat,advance,whatever else) would have been sufficient.

Edit: Typo corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:

The fact that you don't know if close is included makes me doubt the necessity of this change. A simple glossary at the back of the rule book defining what "Movement effects" are (move,retreat,advance,whatever else) would have been sufficient.

Close is used on BCO, which is why i don't know if will be a keyword on the print version, although it could easily be, yes. Still, just a quick look through the BC boards will show you that this is something that confuses new players a lot more than any of us would expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the big box is unlocked, this is an auto-back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:

This seems like the best solution. Adding a FAQ or commonly missed rules section to the back of the rulebook, instead of adding inconsistencies across sets, would be my preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lame that people who already have the games can't get the promos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the new Dash dodge base
Hate the smudge art on bases
Love that they kept the old style
Love the addition of Close as a term
Hate the addition of Shift
Love the removal and shift and other similar new wordings
Love the Idea of Tuckboxes
Hate that the Big Box goal is impossibly high.
Love New Characters
Hate having to pay for 11 sets of crappy smudge bases
Not keen on paying for redundant sets of bases for new characters from here on out
Love Battlecon
Hate that Level99 still hasn't delivered on the additional BattleQuest content from previous campaign
Love that Level99 decided to switch back from minicards to tokens and full size cards

So yeah, you could say I have a love/hate relationship with the game.
-Ah, who am I kidding. As I've said many times, this is my desert island game.-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that every character will come with the bases included in the tuck box. In Exceed and Yomi you take a character and you play, no getting additional cards or sets. So I am over the moon that I can do the same with this BattleCON set.

Player 1: Wanna play BattleCON?

Player 2: Yes definitely! What do I do?

Player 1: Just pick a character tuck box and let's play.

Player 2: I love that, it is like a "choose your character" display on a console fighting game.

Player 1: I know! Wait a sec, let me put on the SF2 character select music before you pick one.

Player 2: My mind is blown, thanks Level99Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not hear the shift/move change, but I approve. Having shift, advance and retreat fall under move as a category makes the game clearer, especially moving (whistle) forward with new characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davey Boy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has already been asked, but why aren't the larger pledge levels available internationally? I appreciate that there is an option to go through the website but at $75 shipping it obviously isn't viable.

There's also the issue of stretch goals; many international pledges won't count towards the pledge level so this practice effect everybody whether they are international backer or not.

I've never seen a KS done like this before and I'm a little confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so... is "Shift" a thing or isn't it? -- In a different thread I read that by playtesters' request, "Shift" was removed and they just used the old graphics for the KS. So, that would remove a change in keywords that probably just isn't really necessary.

Also: we REALLY need to get to 250K this time! I guess I should go around thumbing everything like crazy to give BC:Trials some more visibility

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which other thread said that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.