tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thug Notes is awesomesauce!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
I represent no danger.
mb
Their analysis is totally legit. From the ones we are linking here, anyone who doesn't know them might think the joke is giving heavy analysis to genre or kids books. But usually they analyze canon lit on the real.

Their take on Lolita is baller. Lolita is famed for its unreliable narrator, but Thug Notes makes a case that it also creates an unreliable reader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Their analysis is totally legit. From the ones we are linking here, anyone who doesn't know them might think the joke is giving heavy analysis to genre or kids books. But usually they analyze canon lit on the real.

Indeed. Here is one of my favorites:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for posting. I liked his analysis on the Hobbit; pretty spot on. Hadn't occurred to make a parallel to the Ring cycle of Wagner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Cool, thanks for posting. I liked his analysis on the Hobbit; pretty spot on. Hadn't occurred to make a parallel to the Ring cycle of Wagner!

Tolkien said of Wagner's Ring and his, "they were both round, there the resemblance ends".

Of course it's not that simple, Tolkien does draw on the same myths. But on the same sources Wagner did, not on Wagner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
good stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I just speak English
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed that. Thanks for bringing that series to my attention. After watching a few of those now, I really ought to get the grill started for dinner now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.