Hide
7 Posts

Kemet: Ta-Seti» Forums » Rules

Subject: Knum sphinx vs. initiative rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shion smith
msg tools
If the space occupied by the sphinx has only 2 units, does a player moving into that space with initiative have to pay the 2 point cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes, you're paying to move into the space and it's only after you move that initiative kicks in and kills the units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
Yeah, I'm sort of divided based on previous rulings regarding whether movement stops etc. Wherein it was ruled since they are 't there you don't stop movement. See if the wording is you must pay if you move into a place with the Sphinx then he's not there when you actually move into or through the spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Before you move into the space, the space is empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
Yeah I think your agreeing with me that you wouldn't pay. Its the way I'm leaning but I'd like the official call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Here is the official answer.

In order to move into the territory, you have to pay 2PP.

THEN, once you've entered the territory, Initiative triggers and you kill the two units (and therefore, no battle occurs).

The logic behind this is that in order to be able to kill those two units, you need to be inside the territory. But the sphinx forces you to pay 2PP in order to enter it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Didn't expect that, but it makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.