Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like the new Genestealer Cult minis have been "leaked"

I hope we get cards for some of these new weapons.

http://spikeybits.com/2016/09/breaking-genestealer-cult-pict...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, thanks for catching this! Definitely gonna invest in some of those Neophyte Hybrids!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, GW thinks all they have to do is release a slew of new Genestealer Cult stuff, and we will just jump up from the keyboard and rush to the local gamesto......................
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
$50 each is a little steep but man do they look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Here are a few more images, looks like they may be from the Codex?

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1180

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ONLY reason I am still sitting here is my Local Store has not gotten the goods yet. I game there a lot, so am going to buy my Genestealer stuff from them, out of loyalty.

That stuff looks awesome! Especially the vehicles. I did a rush painting job to get my GSC on the board quickly. Now, I'm gonna have to go back and elevate their paint jobs to match how I will paint the new stuff. And, by "elevate" I mean go from "bad" to "not bad."

The key to happiness is proper expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those pictures look amazing! The vehicles look hilarious, looks like another banner bearing monster is coming as well (with the double-headed banner?) Can't wait to get my hands on these, then probably just look at the boxes for weeks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Now they are up on GW's site.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=1023...

Wow those Hybrid Metamorphs look cool. I also like all the new support and heavy weapons the kits have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
The ONLY reason I am still sitting here is my Local Store has not gotten the goods yet. I game there a lot, so am going to buy my Genestealer stuff from them, out of loyalty.

That stuff looks awesome! Especially the vehicles. I did a rush painting job to get my GSC on the board quickly. Now, I'm gonna have to go back and elevate their paint jobs to match how I will paint the new stuff. And, by "elevate" I mean go from "bad" to "not bad."

The key to happiness is proper expectations.

The goods won't be available until next weekend. Today, Sep 24th is the preorder date. I'll be waiting with you, although at a different place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a premature expectation.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My expectations were early, but justified. The two new box sets of hybrids are pricey, but excellent. New pose-able figs, with new weapons, Cult Icons, and even Tyranid mutations for the new Metamorph Acolytes. A cool new militarized industrial vehicle in two versions. And, a spanking new hardback rule book for the Warhammer 40K tabletop game (the first official army list in over 20 years!). The new army is unique and quite viable.

Again, they aren't giving any of this away. $$$ Like the new Deathwatch stuff, the new GSC figures could be used in DW:OK with some house rules. But, they will make much more impact on the tabletop. Truth be told, I enjoy 40K boardgames (ALL of them), and have only played a few games of tabletop 40K, since I last lost interest 10 years ago. Hey, I have NOT lost a game of 40K in over a decade (I'm 2-0-1!). But, Genestealer Cult was my first army. I still have the remnants of that army. Lovingly (and poorly) painted primordial plastic and metal hybrids that have joined their purestrain brethren over the past two decades to haunt Space Hulks and terrorized the Necromunda Underhive. So, I'm back! Sorta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.