Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Jarrell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to start my Pandemic campaign but I have my group ready to go. We have a group of people that consistently use the same colors for everything. This has been going for so long, if there is a red on the board and it's not me, it confuses us all.
I know the four pawns in Pandemic Legacy are like some of the colors from normal Pandemic. It seems though that they are not attached to roles at all anymore and the four players just use the four pawns.
Without too many spoilers, is there a reason to NOT use custom pawns? I know there are cards that match pawn colors, but they don't seem to really matter what color the are. I am thinking of just picking these up and letting everyone be the colors they normally are.

https://www.amazon.com/Halma-25mm-Pawn-Pieces-Multicolor/dp/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should not really be a problem doing so. The game has little reference cards that match the player pawn colors so you can link the pawn and the player, but if you are used to your colors anyway, there shouldn't be much of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jarrell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to get our group to enforce the "white = scientist" but got totally overruled and everyone just grabbed the color wanted, regardless of their role.

So ya, no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah go for it, I knew one of my groups preferred colour was green, so I made up some custom ones and replaced pink.

Painting up another set now, need to ask for colour choices!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.