Subject: Marching from 2 depts and activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
I've been playing this a while but this came up recently and I'm not 100% sure I'm getting it right.

1 FARC guerrilla in Choco. 2 AUC guys can march in from Antioquia without activating.

Can ANOTHER 2 AUC guys march in from Huila, also without activating, as the two march groups do not originate from the same space? Or should they be considered as one group even though they originate from two different spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rule 3.3.2 March defines a "group" as all Guerrillas moving from 1 space to "another" (which in the COIN rules is consistently used to mean "1 other").

So yes, all 4 AUC Guerrillas can March in without being Activated.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are considered one group. From my understanding of the rules, you have to mark all the spaces you plan to operate in first. Then you resolve them space by space. This way it's 4 guerillas are trying to come into Choco and are activated by the FARC guerilla.

This timing issue came up in a game of Liberty or Death. One player was trying to Partisans before declaring his battle spaces so that he could Partisans + Battle (which are not allowed to be paired together).

Full disclosure, I am not an expert and I could be 100% wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:
Rule 3.3.2 March defines a "group" as all Guerrillas moving from 1 space to "another" (which in the COIN rules is consistently used to mean "1 other").

Regards,
Oerjan

Hmmm... I guess I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
Oerjan wrote:

Regards,
Oerjan

Hmmm... I guess I was wrong.

Probably convoluting it with Sweep, where the destination is all that matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.