4 Posts

Can't Stop» Forums » General

Subject: Notation for Can't Stop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Girobu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very serious about this game (not quite), not only because it involves a hich level of strategy and analysis(not quite). And every good intellectual game need a notation. I wish to write down our sessions and than learn from them. But – is there some notation system for CS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
girobusan wrote:
I am very serious about this game (not quite), not only because it involves a hich level of strategy and analysis(not quite). And every good intellectual game need a notation. I wish to write down our sessions and than learn from them. But – is there some notation system for CS?

You could record everything you need in order to reconstruct a game by writing out the dice rolled each time, with the grouped ones in parentheses. Maybe put an "x" next to a roll if it caused a player to bust, but it's not strictly necessary. If you wanted, you could also mark rolls that locked a column with a "*". Like this:

A: (56)(33), (56)(34), (34)(25), (11)(11)x
B: (16)(34), (25)(55)*, (25)(23)
C: (etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Girobu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second step is establishing an international CS organization, with tournaments and ranks. And we need this game at Olympics. Probably, CS can replace old and drawish chess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.