Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Having pre-ordered the base game and the Cardassian and Ferengi expansions - after initially humming'n'haahing over the game - I am now sitting at home expectantly awaiting the arrival of ST:A at the end of the month.

I am a lifelong Star Trek fan and if I have difficulty getting ftf opponents, well I'll find a way to play it solitaire and hope for a Vassal module.

"Ignorance is bliss" they say. Today, I happened on a BGG thread about the Cardassian expansion. A couple of clicks later, I am at the GF9 website and reading all about the promo features that will be available to purchasers of the game there.

15 extra exploration cards - themed from the original series - and some cool resin minatures replacing the plastic nodes in the game.

I cannot contemplate going to Essen 2016 for health reasons ... and so will miss out on these promo features. Ah well, good luck to those who pick them up.

To GF9 - "Hey, what about the rest of us?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 15 extra cards are included in all first print copies. I have them in mine.

By all accounts the resin star bases will be available for sale. The free ones at Essen are a thanks for pre-ordering.

You're not going to be missing out on anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have put a smile om my face sir. Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
dougposkitt wrote:
Hello everyone,

Having pre-ordered the base game and the Cardassian and Ferengi expansions - after initially humming'n'haahing over the game - I am now sitting at home expectantly awaiting the arrival of ST:A at the end of the month.

I am a lifelong Star Trek fan and if I have difficulty getting ftf opponents, well I'll find a way to play it solitaire and hope for a Vassal module.

"Ignorance is bliss" they say. Today, I happened on a BGG thread about the Cardassian expansion. A couple of clicks later, I am at the GF9 website and reading all about the promo features that will be available to purchasers of the game there.

15 extra exploration cards - themed from the original series - and some cool resin minatures replacing the plastic nodes in the game.

I cannot contemplate going to Essen 2016 for health reasons ... and so will miss out on these promo features. Ah well, good luck to those who pick them up.

To GF9 - "Hey, what about the rest of us?"

The space stations are supposedly coming out later and will be in the colors of each faction. They don't replace the cardboard space stations, they just sit on top for decoration.

The 15 extra cards will be in all first wave copies of the game once it hits shelves. They might sell them later on, but you should be able to find a copy with them. They won't be rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.