Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does the 1st player marker get passed around at any point? Can't see it being mentioned in the rules.

2. Swap the location of two tiles power: Can this be used on any tiles, even those that are occupied only by opponents' standees?

3. Located terrain/creature power: If you can't use it straight away is it lost? Can it only be used on the same turn or carried forward until eventually used?

4. Move to/Flip any powers: Are these one shot powers as soon as you play the card or a free action you can keep doing each turn until covered up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I don't believe so. And that's probably okay since everyone gets the same number of turns (when someone gets 7 friends - 10 for advanced, you continue playing until the everyone has had a turn for the round).

2. My interpretation is any tiles can be swapped, occupied or otherwise. It's only the rotate tile action that is constrained to tiles you're on or are unoccupied.

3. This post offers some clarity until we get an official ruling. The rulebook has an example under the Ability Icons that implies the "location" of that symbol/terrain persists until a new Friend card is played and replaces that ability.

4. Per the post I linked above, I believe those are one-time abilities that occur when you play the card. They are optional, however. The only effects that happen every turn include the "for free" text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
1. It does not pass. It is there to mark where the game started since each player gets the same number of turns.

2. The rulebook says swap any two tiles. You may swap any two tiles.

3. Rulebook says you have this ability for the next card you play. That means this turn or any other turn but it only applies to the next card you play.

4. Rulebook says you gets these effects when you play the card. Rulebook goes on to cover "each turn" effects.

In short, located and each turn abilities persist until you play another card. All the other effects happen once immediately after you play the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe R
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the swap two tiles action, if there are players on the tiles, do they move with the tiles or stay in the same spot in the grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
They move with the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.