Justin Ennis

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
Is it possible to just play a single RtL game without the campaign? I searched through the forums but didn't find anyone else talking about this.

There have now been many occasions where a group wanted to play a game of Descent with the app, but we couldn't because we don't play consistently enough with the same people for a campaign and I don't want to just play the opening mission over and over. It's particularly hard vs. base game Descent because the app locks in characters.

If I could just fire up the app and play a single mission, that would be amazing. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Fire up the app. Choose Rise of All Goblins. Give yourself none or any XP/gold and shop items you want to work out, or visit Tamalir in-game. There will be two side quests open to you from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted elsewhere that I think this would be pretty cool. It would be even cooler it the app allowed you to chose the mission, monster groups and lieutenants/agents, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ekman wrote:
Is it possible to just play a single RtL game without the campaign? I searched through the forums but didn't find anyone else talking about this.

There have now been many occasions where a group wanted to play a game of Descent with the app, but we couldn't because we don't play consistently enough with the same people for a campaign and I don't want to just play the opening mission over and over. It's particularly hard vs. base game Descent because the app locks in characters.

If I could just fire up the app and play a single mission, that would be amazing. Any thoughts?

Not sure if you've heard about the newest app expansion yet, but it offers exactly what you're asking for.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/30/delving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.