Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the english card state as the special ability ?
The german one is a bit confusing. "The bottom card of the played stack does count as strength 0 if melee". So it basically says the fist card played is strength 0 if melee ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, but I think there are other ways a card can end up at the bottom of the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warg Rider: "If the bottom card of your combat stack is a Melee card, reduce its strength cost to 0."

Remember that you play new cards to the top of your combat stack.

Playing a high strength melee card that would otherwise quickly exhaust the Warg Rider becomes a "0" strength card, if on the bottom of the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you start off by playing your highest STR card in a fight, and play this one later to last longer and do more damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hector131 wrote:
So, you start off by playing your highest STR card in a fight, and play this one later to last longer and do more damage?

Warg Rider is not a combat card, it is a monster and the OP was asking about its special ability.

But yes, playing a high damage, high strength card first is typically how the special ability is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

Warg Rider is not a combat card, it is a monster and the OP was asking about its special ability.

But yes, playing a high damage, high strength card first is typically how the special ability is used.

Or you lead with a ranged card in the hope that the hero player will lead with their counter-melee card. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

Oh yes, It's been several years since I played MEQ. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.